Followers

Monday 4 February 2013

Hopelessly devoted to you

Good morning, it's Monday, the start of a fresh new week- month, even! It's time for a new challenge from Songbirds. The challenges all have song titles and this time it's 'Hopelessly devoted to you'. The obvious interpretation, given the time of year,  is a Valentine card. Well, I don't really 'do' Valentine - I'm probably a bit old fashioned (pedantic??) and boring, but to me, the whole point of it is, that it is from a  secret admirer, not a husband, wife or partner! Perhaps I'm just old fahioned (or old, as my daughter would say!!!). Ok, I can see it's nice to tell a long-term partner that you love him/her, but I still think that's not really what it's all about! We're all entitled to our own opinions!!
My card could be a Valentine card, but it could equally well be used as an anniversary or even birthday card for a loved one! (I do make my OH birthday and anniversary cards, I'm not totally heartless!). The image is a favourite old PSX stamp of mine (I love these teds!) paper-pieced  and mounted onto a die cut heart. Random papers from my stash, Tim Holtz flourish, a ribbon, mulberry rose, a couple of gems and a touch of stickles.
Anyway, enough of me wittering on! Why not pop over to Songbirds and check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of the DT, who knows, you could be tempted to join in and win the prize donated by our generous sponsors 'Bearly Mine Designs' .
Have a good week!
Chris
x
Challenges entered: mytimetocraft -love is in the air
                                pumpkinspice - heart
                                brownsugar red/hearts
                                creativecorners love and hearts
                                stampingwithdragon love is in the air
                                ladybugcrafts Valentines Day/love
                                milkcoffee  Valentines
                                rubysrainbow. Valentines

18 comments:

chrissy xx said...

Super cute with a capital AWHH!!
FABulous colours and I LOve your design.
Chrissyxx
Put me on your list of Old Fashioned lol.

Pat said...

Beautiful card with a lovely image, and gorgeous hearts. Thanks for joining in our challenge at MTTC this week.

Pat xx

Alison Scott said...

Love your card, as you say, not just for Valentine.
We don't really bother with it here. I think a lot of it is hype. We can go for a lovely dinner and be romantic any time, hate the idea of being forced to be romantic.
So I'm another of the old fashioned ones with you.

sue w. said...

Hi Chris, this is so super cute, I love the image and the colour combination and fab papers.
You are just like my hubby on valentines, I only got one when we first started courting and he said I should just bring it out every year!!
Hugs Sue W.

Basslady said...

fabulous and sweet!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card!

Thanks for joining in the fun with us at Ruby's Rainbow

Hugs Shaz x

Charlotte said...

lovely card, the bears are so cute and I love the papers and the colours:)
Hugs Charlotte

Lezlye said...

Adorable! Thanks for playing with us at shop Pumpkin Spice!

Doreen said...

such a cute card - love the design
big hugs
Doreen xx

mixamatoasties said...

That's lovely Chris! I know exactly what you mean about Valentine's cards ;)

Susan x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card. I love the flourishes and also the color combo of this.
Thanks for playing in our love and hearts challenge at Creative Corner Challenges this week.

Tammy DT

Jacqueline Smith said...

Fabulous card, love all the details on your card! Thanks for playing with us at Stamping with the Dragon!

Wishcraft said...

Sweet image and lovely papers, a gorgeous card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Missy said...

This is great, that's areally sweet image! Thanks for joining us at Shop Pumpkin Spice this week!!

Cheryl said...

Awww, this is so sweet! I love the layers and pretty papers.


Thank you for joining our challenge at Pumpkin Spice .

--Cheryl--

Sue said...

This is so beautiful. I love the cute image and the colours and design are wonderful.
Thank you for taking part in the Ladybug Crafts Challenge this month.
Sue xx

Yoshiras time to craft said...

Very adorable romantic couple.Love the image and patterns.Thanks for joining us at Milkcoffee stamps Valentine challenge.

chrissy xx said...

Chris..
I use a ruler to get my line then use the marks on it to space my holes out..
When I stitch my ovals as my last card..I use a smaller oval held down and follow in round..Hope this helps..
Chrissyxx