Followers

Saturday 9 March 2013

It's a man thing at Sweet Stampin'


Good morning and happy Saturday! It's time for the new challenge at Sweet Stampin' and this week the theme is 'it's a man thing' and we would like to see your masculine makes! I always find it harder to make cards for the men in my life (which is a shame as I have 5 brothers and countless nephews as well as a husband, son and son-in -law!). I have to say I really enjoyed making this card, another project with lots of stamping, distressing, inking and masking not to mention embossing  and heat embossing on the diecuts! I was having so much fun I just didn't want to stop! Card is a bit busy....a case of 'more is more'...:))
Why not pop across to the challenge blog and see what my lovely teamies have made. Hopefully you'll be inspired to make your own card, and enter the challenge, which is sponsored this week by The Ribbon Girl and Cuddlybuddly with some generous prizes to be won!
Thanks for visiting!
Have a lovely weekend!
Chris
x

Challenges entered:
anythingchallenge make it manly
deepocean for a boy
craftycardmakers masculine (do cogs count as gadgets?!)
pausedreamenjoy for the boys
pennyblackand more One for the boys
littlemissmuffet for the boys

21 comments:

Rosie said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, love it

Have a wonderful weekend

mixamatoasties said...

Love this.

Have a great weekend.

Susan xx

chrissy xx said...

This is different Chris..LOve all your colours and shades.
It really does tell a story.
Chrissyxx

Suze Bain said...

A super masculine card, fab stamping and I love the tags. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. Xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Fantastic card hun and thank you for popping by mine and leaving such a sweet comment...means a lot!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Anonymous said...

i love all the embossing, die cutting and colours on this masculine card! thank you so much for playing along with us at penny black and more this month.
linda

Gail said...

What a wonderful collage! I love artistic work like this! -Gail

Exclusively by Mel said...

WOW what a superb card, brilliant design!!
Thanks so much for joining us @ Deep Ocean, Love, Mel. xxx

susiestacey said...

Wonderful card and perfect for the challenge.
Thank you for joining in 'One For The Boys' challenge over at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

Unknown said...

I love this! The coppery gears are so pretty and I love the layered tags. Perfect masculine card!

brenda said...

The great masculine card Chris and perfect for our theme.

It’s lovely to see you at Penny Black and More, thanks so much for joining in.

B x

I have a celebration with lots of prizes and it would be wonderful if you have time to create something to join in, you can check it out here

Unknown said...

Chris this card is super, love the style with all the embossing and distressing. Yes me too find men's cards to hard to do !!!

Unknown said...

What a fine masculine card this is Chris! It has such wonderful colours and details, so lovely to look at! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, take care, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Unknown said...

Hi Chris, fabulous masculine card - loving all the details and your colour choices.

Sarah

Kim said...

Awesome card! I love all the details you added, especially the embossing of the dies, they look great.

Cards By MI said...

What a fabby looking card. Really fun and lovely design. Thanks for playing with us over at CCM this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Rachel said...

Fab card Chris, I love all the detailing.
Wedgie xxx

An Occasional Genius said...

I'll tell you what the obsession is with clearing out Chris...have you ever seen the pics of my stash?? Well that's a part of it but I just have way too much stuff & still hanging on to a load of my DD's despite her having moved out months ago. I'm gonna get ruthless with it if she doesn't get her skates on! Anyway, I love this card, slightly envious as I can't do all that throw it all on, random, free for all looking sort of stuff & get it looking this fab.

Have a fabulous day xx

Unknown said...

What a great masculine card!
Thanks for playing along with Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges!
<3 Pam, PDE DT

Rebecca Hoy said...

Great image, love the embellishments. Thanks for playing along with my masculine theme at craft cardmakers challenge this week.

Rebecca x

http://mellymoopapercrafting.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

What a great boy card, love the gears! Thanks for sharing with us at Little Miss Muffet.