Followers

Thursday 7 March 2013

Just smile!

Good morning! Thursday already - and time for a new challenge over at Southern Girls. This fortnight the challenge is Tag it! Here's my tag and I have had such fun making it! Our sponsors this week are amazing, Iva Nova Chest , Marianne Design and Stampotique!!! We were lucky enough to be able to choose some stamps to play with from Stampotique (yay!) and after a long and happy browse I chose 'Smile'(#6078) and 'beauty verse' (#3056), believe me it wasn't easy to decide as there are so many and such a huge variety. Anyway, this is my tag,
 and it's little envelope-                                front view
 
back view
I hand cut the tag from a piece of plain card and used a template that I bought years ago to make the little pouch to put it in. I then masked and stamped using various colours of distress ink. The letters and rosette were  cut using Tim Holtz strip dies.  The corner die is Marianne.  I just loved making this!
To see what the rest of the team have created pop over to Southen Girls Challenge, and why not make tag yourself, if you have half the fun I did you won't be disappointed, and you could win a lovely prize!
Thanks for visiting my blog and thank you so much for all the lovely comments you have left for me!Have a lovely day!
Chris
x
I'd like to use my tag for these challenges:
lovesrubberstamps Anything goes
kaboodledoodles anything but a card
.comeandgetitchallenges anything but a card
quirkycrafts no design paper
theartisticstamper tag
hotshotcraft anything but a card
craftycreations show us some green
simonsaysstamps a bit o' green
papershelter punches/dies

16 comments:

chrissy xx said...

Isn't it great when you get to use stamps from the Sponsors! That I must admit is one of the things I LOve lol.
JUst GORgeus..Great colours...LOve your tag and envelope Chris.
Chrissyxx

Cumbrianlass said...

Super tags and great images, thanks for joining in the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge
Janet

karalschuknecht said...

Such a great tag, and I love the rosette you added. Thanks for playing this week at Come & Get It.
Karal GDT

Sabine said...

What a fun tag, I love the creepy image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week,
hugs
Sabine

craftytrog said...

Fabulous tag Chris! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Artistic Stamper Challenge!
Alison x

Susan Hogan said...

Oh wow, love that shape and the card itself is such a beauty! No wonder you had fun!

Mary said...

I have never seen a tag cut like that before and the sleeve for it is another great idea! Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Creations.

Olivia said...

Awesome tags. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

Julie said...

Love it Chris, so made me smile:D what a clever little envelope too, looks like you had fun getting inky and distressed lol! Must catch up soon, have a good weekend, Julie x

Alison Scott said...

Wonderful tag. I love you the colours you have used.

kathy said...

Wow thats fab, I love your creations and nominated you for the Liebster award for new blogs, good luck xox

Lori Aragon said...

Very cool creation, Chris! I've yet to made a rosette.. yours looks great!!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Shelter. Come back again :)
Love and blessings, Lori

Gail said...

Adorable tag! I love the flower you made on the front, too. Sooo cute! Hugs, Gail

Lydia said...

this is soooo fun xx thank you so much for sharing at Loves Rubberstamps xxx

Joey said...

Fabulous creation, the backing looks so effective! great colour mix :) Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter. Joey x

cheiron said...

Super cute. Fun coloring and stenciling. Thanks for playing along with the Bit O'Green Challenge this week over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!