Followers

Saturday 8 August 2015

Just hangin' around...


Good morning, Saturday has arrived once more so it's time for a new challenge at Sweet Stampin'. This week we would like to see anything but a birthday card....so loads of scope for you to choose from.... as long as there is some stamping involved we'd love to see it!
I made these door hangers for my two oldest granddaughters, I bought the (cheap!) wooden blanks some time ago and finally got around to decorating them. I sanded the edges and painted the blanks with gesso as the surface was quite rough and obviously porous, with hindsight I wish I'd added a couple more coats!. I then coloured them with distress inks, adding a bit of stencilling for background interest.  The stamps I used are all Lavinia, stamped with black distress ink (would have used Stayzon but my pad has dried up!), there's a touch of clear Wink of Stella on the fairies' wings. I painted the wooden letters and the outside edges of the hangers with black acrylic paint. To finish I added some ribbons and a tiny gems around the 'holes'.
So pleased you popped in to visit today, hope you'll find the time to join us at Sweet Stampin' this week, just click here to check out the fabulous creations that my lovely teamies have made to inspire you!
Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Chris
x

Challenges:
craftingwithanattitude #6 atg
addictedtostamps atg
inspirationdestination #45 atg
rubysrainbow something for a little girl
craftycardmakers anything but a card
crazychallenge #203 fairies
alteredeclectics atg
laviniastamps anything but a card

24 comments:

Tracey T said...

The girls will love these, Chris. The fairy design is so pretty without being fussy or OTT - gorgeous! xx

aussie aNNie said...

Chris these are fabulous, love the stamps used and the fairy looks like she's holding up the name...love these...
beautiful creations and fabulous colours used, love the whole concept of these Chris.x
Hope your weekend is good. xx
{The Journey Is The Start aNNie my personal blog}

Pamellia said...

Oh wow, these are gorgeous Chris! I just love the colours and your fabulous stamps are so magical!! You should really enter these into our Making Magic challenge at Anything But Cute! here is the link for you:

http://anythingbutcutechallenge.blogspot.ca/2015/08/challenge-4-august-making-magic.html

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous door hangers Chris. I love the stamping and design.
Rose x

Karen said...

Simply stunning door hangers Chris, I bet your Granddaughters will love them. Thanks for entering the Lavinia Stamps Challenge and good luck! Kx DT member

Papercraft By Carole said...

What lovely door hangers - great choice of colours! Thanks for joining us at CCM&M this time! Cxxx

Chrissy said...

Love your door hangers Chris..gorgeous colours and love the stamps..your Grandaughters will just love these..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Kathleen said...

These are fabulous Chris, love the backgrounds and the images. Two happy girls I bet.

Kath x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Chris, these are FABULOUS! Love the sweet Lavinia stamps you've used and your colouring with the distress inks is perfect! I bet your granddaughters love them. Lucky girlies. Hugs, Wends x

Unknown said...

These really are such pretty Doorhangers..... suitable for even me to hang on my door..... They really are a beautiful project..... Good Luck in the Lavinia Challenge and thanks for entering ..... Marianne DT xxx

Josephine said...

Fabulous projects!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

SewPaperPaint said...

I bet they really loved these! How cool!

mixamatoasties said...

These are gorgeous!! I love them and I really wish I could do something like that. I have the free Lavinia stamps and I've used them once but it looked rubbish so it went in the bin!!

Susan xx

Judy McKay said...

Lovely door hangers. I like them. Very nice gift idea. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics this month. Hope to see you art work back here again soon. Judy DT

Cvetelina Borisova said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenges.

Unknown said...

Fantastic! I bet they love them!! Many thanks for joining the Lavinia Stamps challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

*Vicki* said...

These are such a fun idea!! I love the colors and the images look stunning! :) What a great gift idea! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

chrissy xx said...

Oh My! Your girls will Love these Chris.
FABulous colours and design.
Chrissyxx
Someone gave me a sheet of Lavinia stamps! Mmmm x

Carla's Cards said...

Great idea for a project! Thanks for sharing with Crafting with an Attitude!

shaz earl said...

Fabulous hangers! thank you for joining in the fun with us at Ruby's Rainbow, hope to see you again next time
Shaz DT

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

WOW I just love your creativity with your pieces of art - love them. Thank you for sharing with us over at Altered Eclectics this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

Handcrafted by Ellapu
Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit
DT The Mirror Crack'd
DT Anything but a Card

Penny said...

What clever creations, Chris! Love how they both turned out! And I would imagine your granddaughters loved them as well! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Zoe said...

These are fantastic, thank you for sharing them with us at Lavinia Stamps Challenge, good luck, Zoe DT xxx
Ps, love the name of your blog lol xx

Pauline Butcher said...

Fabulous door hangers, thank you for joining us in the Lavinia challenge, and good luck. Hugs, Pauline DT member xxx