Followers

Tuesday 14 August 2018

let's wine a little!


Good afternoon, it's been very quiet here lately, my daughter SIL and granddaughters are away enjoying the excitement of a holiday in Florida, sunshine, fun and Mickey Mouse! They're having a fantastic time, I'm happy to say, the daily photos they send me say it all... missing my girlies though! I've been having a tidy up in the craft room (not getting very far as keep getting distracted by the things I find) and decided I needed to 'weed' the huge amount of craft magazines I have hoarded for years, but of course I have to look through them first to see if I want to keep anything...it's a long slow process! Anyway I came across a tutorial for making an easel card with a box on front, created by adding adding concertina-ed strips of card to the sides of the front panel, so I thought I'd give it  a go...here's the result.
The sentiment inside the box is stamped and embossed with white ep., obviously this needs to be done before putting the box together :) The sweet  Wine Sprite is an Aurora Wings image, coloured with copics.. I'm pleased with how this turned out, especially as it folds flat enough to post in an ordinary envelope.


Thanks for visiting.
Chris
x

Challenges entered:
brownsugar #281

17 comments:

meg said...

Wow, love this make, beautiful image and easel box card, the sentiment made me smile.

Janette said...

Great card Chris, love the colour combo, always a firm favourite at this time of year...xx

Pat said...

Absolutely gorgeous Chris, great design and I love the little cutie at the corner.

Pat xx

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Chris, your box easel design is amazing. I'm in the process of blitzing my craft room too, not the usual shuffling things around, but re-organising and decluttering. I'm getting there slowly, resisting the temptation to get distracted, which is what usually happens! I have a mountain of craft magazines too, I've gone through most of them, tearing out anything with a technique I want to try and filing in a ring binder. I just need to find somewhere to pass on any complete magazines, rather then put them our for recycling. xx

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

What an amazing work, Chris! I love the overall look of this. Your coloring of the Wine Sprite is breathtaking! She looks adorable as a red head. And her outfit looks beautiful with your coloring. Thank you for another lovely entry in our ATG challenge at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xx

Kathleen said...

This is brilliant Chris, cute image and the papers are gorgeous, like the stickles around the frame and edges.
Gorgeous colouring as always.
How is she going to drink that wine with no mouth!

Kath x

Sam Squires - A Crafting Niche said...

What a fabulous box card. Thank you for taking part in the "My Time To Craft" challenge. Sam x

Mel Gee said...

Wow this is stunning. Love how you have turned the top of the easel into an box frame.
Thank you for entering our Challenge at Digi Doodle Studios http://digidoodlestudioschallengeblog.blogspot.com/
Regards
Mel DT
https://melgeecrafts.com/

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE this Chris, wow, you sure rock these images always look super fabulous, designs and colours. Lovely easel box card, keep them coming Chris, love seeing your work of art.xxx

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so amazing, Chris!! I love the design!! The image is so sweet and colored perfectly!! I love the details on the box front, too!! So gorgeous!! I love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG, Chris! Love, love, love, love, love, love, LOVE! My kinda card for sure! Fabulous coloring and design. Gotta say Wine Sprite is my all time fave and you have certainly done her proud. Plan to wine a little with my BFF tonight, as a matter of fact. Thanks so much for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

Chrissy said...

This is just wonderful Chris..fabulous design, love the image and colouring and all the details..Gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Love the richness and regal-feel of your color choices, Chris! And that card fold is amazing! Really gorgeous! hugs, de

EdenLand Designs said...

WOW!! I'm loving everything about this :) The design is fabulous, and the rich colors that you've used as a base showcase the beautifully colored Wine Sprite to perfection!!! Thank you so much for joining us for our ATG challenge at Aurora Wings this time.....and good luck in your craft room!!!!
Susan

Melanie R said...

So sorry if this is a duplicate comment... I cannot find what happened to my first one. Your design is just fabulous! I love the colors and the presentation by using an easel-style box card. Thank you for joining in at the Brown Sugar Challenge.

Betta said...

So pretty!!! Love your colors, and the touches of texture you've add!!! Thanks so much for playing at Brown Sugar Challenge!
Kissssssssssssssssssssss
Bettascrap DT

Margreet said...

Beautiful easelcard in great colors and with a lovely image!
Thanks for playing with us at Craft Rocket.
xxx Margreet