Pages

▼

Wednesday, 7 October 2026

Guest Design for Sweet Sketch Wednesday

 Good morning, I  have two posts today, first up are couple of cards I made as a Guest Designer for Sweet Sketch Wednesday2 , I was sent 2 sketches to choose from, both so lovely I decided to make a card for each.
Sketch #336


                                                    A Christmas card using Sketch #336

This one was very quick to make. I used a piece of design paper from The Works cut into sections as per the sketch, stamped and embossed the Lavinia trees in white, matted the sections onto a slightly larger panel of toning blue cardstock, added the bow and pearls and the stamped sentiment.
Entering this card into these challenges:

CCAYR  #T
MIUCB #85
MLCCB #70
POE #121


Sketch #337

A birthday card using sketch #337. I needed a birthday card for my Daughter in Law, and had chosen an image from Mirtillamente, Take a Moment, which I thought fitted the bill perfectly as she's an avid reader, loves herbal teas and her house is full of scented candles. I coloured the image with markers and followed the sketch to complete the card using papers from The Works and a scrap of green book patterned paper that was a long ago magazine freebie. 



Entering this card into this challenge


I'd like to thank the lovely Ladies from SSW2 for inviting me to be a guest designer and also for the beautiful sketches. If you hop over to their challenge, you will find plenty more inspiration.

Chris
x


9 comments:

  1. Congrats on your well deserved GDT spot Chris. Both beautiful cards and papers, love the monochrome Christmas tree and embossed trees. Love the image and co-ordinating papers on the second one too.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Chris, not surprised you get picked to do GDT spots more often.
    Two fabulous cards, the top one is pure CAS design and so pretty, the next one is just perfect for my book loving Mia, its fabulous Chris. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the GD spots Chris, you've created to so very different but equally pretty cards.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards with these fun sketches! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace on Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Peace on Earth Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful monochromatic Christmas card in icy blue and a fabulous birthday card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I am sure they are well chuffed to get two for the price of one Chris. Well done you. I absolutely love your quick and easy Christmas one and need to remember that simple is stunning, well when you do it lol. The second one sounds and looks perfect for your DIL. So beautifully coloured too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your GDT Chris and two beautiful cards, I love the second one very much, fabulous sketches to follow, i wish I could stay on the path of sketches but always seem to wander off in my own direction, I'm going to be so much trouble for my kids when I get even older!!..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to you. Love this beautiful and sweet card.
    Thank you for taking part in the Mirtillamente challenge!
    Good luck and I hope to see you again.
    Alena / Ambassador DT Mirtillamente

    ReplyDelete