I made an ATC to join in with this month's Tag Along &ATC Challenge- I love the fashion theme. My 'fashion passion' has always been shoes (and boots) so I've based my design on this. I used a scrap of card left over from a previous project for the base, it was lightly smooshed with Antique Linen and Faded Jeans Distress Oxides. The girl in those amazing shoes (Hampton Art stamp) was stamped onto a scrap of white copic friendly card and quickly coloured...took longer to fussy cut around those long skinny legs and heels! I added some scraps of washi tape then stuck the image in place. The sentiment is a very old unmounted rubber stamp that also has a shoe on it, no idea of brand. I stamped it onto another left over scrap of card which had been gelli printed. It didn't fit on the ATC so I cut it into separate words.
I never owned a pair of shoes quite as flamboyant as these with those huge bows but they do remind me of a pair of red platform soled sandals I had in my early twenties. They were really strappy with 4 inch chunky heels, never did the stiletto thing, couldn't walk in them! I loved my chunky platforms though- added height and so comfy to wear- those were the days!
Thanks for visiting
Chris
x
Challenge entries:
tag-alongandatc August Challenge
MAWTT #192

I am 5ft 10 Chris and wore the platforms that made me over 6 feet, and loved them too, plus I worked in a shoe store here in Napier and had my fill of every shoe in the shop..lol..if I wanted..love your ATC and fabulous quote which I really related too, as well, fabulous girl too and I wore bows..lol.. thanks for the memory..
ReplyDeleteLuv CHRISSYxx
Absolutely brilliant Chris,love the image and sentiment
ReplyDeleteFabulous ATC, Chris. I had several pairs of platform shoes with chunky heels (I didn't do stiletto heels either). My white pair were my wedding shoes. I still have them somewhere. 🤣
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely adorable both in design and colours. Brilliantly executed x
ReplyDeleteOh my yes Chris, a passion with me as well. At 5.'1" they really helped (along with a mini dress). MS and balance put paid to heels apart for dress up occasions, go very gingerly at a wedding! An impulse pair of boots last Winter, Poppy fabric, heart ruled common sense and they absolutely kill my feet!
ReplyDeleteSo a perfect ATC to reflect those happy days, many thanks for joining us at Tag-Along (and ATC's) challenge.
B x
What a fab stamp and your wording and background make it look like it was all meant to be together. I love shoes but now transferred to colourful trainers as I have to wear orthotics in footwear. Thanks also for sharing with us at Tag-along (and ATC's).
ReplyDeleteFabulous ATC Chris, love the image and the great sentiment. Been much cooler here for the past few days with rain yesterday and today, but much more comfortable for getting things done and sleeping at night.
ReplyDeletePat xx
Brilliant card and fab sentiment,
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing along with us over at MAWTT,
Hugz Tinz
Glad you got a little bit of rain. It makes everything green again! Your ATC is brilliant Chris. Love the choppy words too. I never could walk in stilettos either though I did have a pair of 'granny shoes' in my teens and they were pretty damn high lol.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great card is this Chris.
ReplyDeleteThat would be something for our daughter haha. She is crazy about shoes, especially the more eye-catching ones;)
Very funky card Chris and brilliant sentiment. I too remember staggering along in platform shoes … I did stilettos as well, but I can’t walk in heels at all now! I actually bought a pair of platform sandals when they were back in fashion a couple,evif years ago, but I think that was a triumph of hope over experience! XxXx
ReplyDelete