Followers

Tuesday 20 June 2017

Dream of the sea...



Good evening, I'm back from my holiday...and looking forward to the next one! I love being retired ...we can go on holiday when we like without having to worry about taking time off work, it used to be real nightmare trying to book annual leave!
We had a wonderful relaxing week in a very beautiful part of Devon, a lovely bungalow just minutes walk from the sea...and fabulous weather too! Just wish I hadn't eaten quite so much....
I'm missing the sound of the sea, so this fortnight's challenge at Aurora Wings is a great one for me...at least I can dream about it!
I coloured up this beautiful image, Princess of the Sea, , which I was lucky enough to win on a previous challenge. I used my trusty copics, a white gel pen, stickles and liquid pearls . The 'driftwood' frame is made from a sheet of driftwood patterned  DP, chopped about and re-pieced together. The shells in the corner are a part of the image, printed larger and fussy cut.
Thanks for visiting, hope those of you living in the UK are enjoying the heat wave...it's been too hot outside for me...just had to stay indoors in my lovely cool craft room  and play...it's a hard life!
Chris
x

Challenges entered :
aurorawings under the sea
craftingfromtheheart #164
pammiesinkypinkies #1725
crafty awesomness June Challenge
scrap and craft #4

11 comments:

Kathleen said...

Super image and a great frame and a fabulous background. Glad you had a good holiday. That was my thoughts when we retired, hasn't worked out as I seem to have trouble finding just what I want and if it is what I want Hubby doesn't think it is right.

Kath x

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous. Love your frame Chris and your colouring is tops. Holiday sounds nice, we will be off soon too for a couple of weeks, so looking forward to a break. xx [aNNie]

Chrissy said...

Just stunning Chris..your colouring is GORgeous on this wonderful image and love the frame and shells and all other beautiful details..I've been on holiday tooa nd painted the inside of my flat..over did it though and ended up with an awful cold in my head..but my flat looks fresh and clean..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Chris,
well this is super gorgeous and so beautirully created.
Love that image and everything you have done to create such a super duper design.
As usual your colouring is ace and I love her blue features.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Chris love the way you have added all the extra's too it. So glad you had a nice time away..I love being retired too lol I sometimes wonder how I coped working in such a stressful job. Take care lots of huggles Sue xx

Donna Ellis said...

ooooooooooo! don't you just love coloring fantasy subjects? FABULOUS skin tone! And an amazing design, Chris - your driftwood frame is just incredible. You must have had a lot of fun putting it together. I admire the dexterity of your fingers in wrapping the twine (rope) around the wood. INCREDIBLE! It's beautiful, Chris. hugs, de

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Chris, I'm just LOVING your coloring of Princess of the Sea! The skin tones and hair are amazing with her crown of shells and I love how you've enlarged a few to add to the design. Gorgeous texture and framing, too. What a fabulous project! Thanks so much for joining our 'Under the Sea' Challenge at Aurora Wings. Sounds like a wonderful holiday and looks like you were totally inspired. Isn't retirement the best? xxD

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

Gorgeous coloring and design, Chris! I love the color palette that plays green and orange/red so beautifully. The frame is adorable, too. Thank you for joining us at Aurora Wings Challenge. Mitzi xx

Suzi Mac said...

A Beautiful card with lots of amazing details and colouring skills. Thank you for sharing with us that Scrap & Craft Challenge. Good luck!
hugs
Suzi

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow!!! Ooh I LOVE what you've done with that amazing image Chris. That wooden frame is inspired!! Such a dreamy stunning image and so clever to use the shell elements in a bigger size to adorn the corner. Your background paper is dreamy and looks fab with its splashes of frantage. A truly stunning creation! Glad you enjoyed your holiday, sounds idyllic and so good for the soul! Hugs, Wends xoxo

sanpiseth40 said...

i really likes your blog and You have shared the whole concept really well. and Very beautifully soulful read! thanks for sharing.
บอลพรุ่งนี้