Followers

Saturday 19 August 2017

Dragonfly and doodles


Good morning and happy weekend, today my card is for our new challenge at Sweet Stampin'...our theme this week is 'add some doodling' ...it can be a little or a lot as long as it's there. It seems that doodling is something you either love...or hate...doesn't seem to be a middle ground :) Me, I love it, so I had a great time creating my card. The cute dragonfly is a stamp, but he looks kind of doodled so I chose him as the focal point of my card, stamped him onto white card, coloured with copics and die cut into a circle. I then doodled the border around the edge. I matted the circle onto a slightly larger green one then placed it in the middle of my card base and lightly drew around it with a pencil, I used a black pen to draw a border around the edge and then doodled the corners and edges that showed around the circle...I started off trying to make it symmetrical, but soon got tired of that so just drew where I wanted to...sooo relaxing!
Well, are you a doodle - lover or do you hate it with a passion? Whichever it is why not have a go and join us this week...if it's something you love doing you'll enjoy it and if it's something you hate you might surprise yourself! Take a look here and see what my teamies have come up with, there are some brilliant makes, some of the team are definitely not in the doodling fanclub but they've all come up trumps with their clever ideas.
Thanks for visiting and enjoy the weekend.
Chris
x

Challenges entered:
vostamps #9 (wings,and photo insp.)
alwaysfun #19
cardsinenvy -bug me


20 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Love this and the doodling is fabulous. I can do it when on the phone and not concentrating on what I am doing, turns out good otherwise it's......p...
Have a lovely weekend.♥
[aNNie]

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What an awesome card! And to answer your question... I hate doodling. ;)

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh my goodness, Chris! That doodling is zentastic!!! I can't take my eyes off it, okay, I had to, to write this comment, but seriously mesmerising hun! Love, love, LOVE what you did for the doodling challenge. I can't doodle to save myself!! So this is a little bit magical to me. Nailed the challenge!!!! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Sherri Thacker said...

That is one cool dragonfly. Perfect for our "Bug Me" Challenge at Cards in Envy. Thanks for joining in on our fun challenge.

SUPRFOXdesigns said...

Love the pop of green color, so bright and cheerful. That dragonfly is perfectly adorable. Fantastic card. Thanks for joining us at Victorine Originals

Sue said...

Love this Chris it's so gorgeous! I'm still seeing 'names' before my eyes lol xx huggles Sue xx

Kathleen said...

Crikey, a totally stunning card, thought the background was a stamp, love the green against the B&W, great doodling in the circle, thought that was stunning, before I read that you had done the corners.
Fantastic creation, hope we never have this as a theme.

Kath x

Jenny L said...

Hi Chris,
what a super, super card and your doodling is excelent.
Love this wonderful design.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Janis Lewis said...

Pretty! Thanks for sharing at Always Fun Challenges.
~DT Janis

Diana said...

I totally love the black and white and the dragonfly in color in the middle!

X
Diana
click here for my blog

Donna Ellis said...

Chris, I'm partial to monochromatic cards and your vibrant, life-generating green color is perfectly beautiful with the sweet butterfly and doodled background. Lovely card, and so happy! hugs, de

creationsnz said...

Great doodling and goes well with our Black & White & One colour challenge at the Crafters Café, CarolG

Sandy Trefger said...

Love the background of your card and your beautiful butterfly! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy,.

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Chris this is sensational, wow, what an inspiration you are the doodling is out of this world, this is one beautiful creation
hugs
lorraine x

Lisa Mensing said...

This is the perfect take on the Victorine Originals Inspiration board! Thanks for playing along and I hope you'll join us again.

Lisa said...

Wow, this is stunning!! Your doodling is amazing!! I absolutely love it!! And the butterfly is gorgeous!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!! I'm so happy to be your newest follower!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

scrappymo! said...

I am not a doodler myself but I can certainly appreciate it on others cards. It is a form of art and looks o cool on a card!

Your butterfly is beautiful and your card design here is amazing;

Beth F. said...

Oh my goodness! Your doodling is FAB! That is something I have never tried. Thank you for joining in our "Wings" challenge at Victorine Originals!

Unknown said...

I LOVE this; and I LOVE your doodling! I've always wanted to give that a try; but not very good at it. Such a cute card! Thanks for joining us at Victorine Originals!

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Your blog and work is AMAZING! I love everything I've seen here. This little dragonfly and the papers you used in your layering is so pretty. I came here to comment on another card, but just couldn't help stopping here and telling you how pretty all your work is. YOU ARE VERY TALENTED AND CLEVER!