Followers

Monday 18 September 2017

School Days


Good morning. It's time for a new challenge over at House Mouse and Friends, the theme is school days and here is my Guest Design project -

My eldest granddaughter is in her last year at primary school and has been/is sitting tests to see which school she will be attending next year. Because of where she lives she has to sit tests for two education authorities (I think it's totally unnecessary, surely one test would be sufficient and the results shared! or even better school places could be decided on their performance during their time at primary school, much fairer than putting children through the stress of exams!) Anyway, I'm off the soap box now...back to the project.... I bought Livvy a little gift to wish her luck and decorated this  tiny bag to put it in. 
I inked up a huge (old) 'good luck' stamp with versamark ink, stamped a piece of blue card and heat embossed with white EP then matted it onto brown card to cover the front of the bag. 
I used my copics to colour the cute mousie staggering under his heap of books, then cut him out and  attached him using foam pads. I die cut a tiny tag and used a part of of the large stamp to stamp and emboss the 'good luck'. The letters of her name are die cut, and the little owl charm is attached with string and a brad. 
Livvy was very happy with the bag and even happier with her present!!!:))
As always there is some amazing inspiration from a bunch of very talented ladies to be seen on the House Mouse Challenge Blog and also some fantastic prizes to be won, just click here to hop on over and join the fun!
Thanks for visiting, have a great week.
Chris
x

Challenges entered:
addicted-to-stamps #153 stamp a background
pileiton #134 -no patterned paper
craftygirlz back to school
modsquad  heat embossing




20 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Thanks lovely Chris for being our Guest Designer and you have excelled yourself as always, with this fabulous creation. hugs.xx [aNNie]

Bunny said...

I love this little gift bag you made for your granddaughter. Great job on fussy cutting the image and the owl charm is charming. [Bunny]

Pat said...

Gorgeous gift bag Chris, love all your embellishments and the cute House Mouse struggling with all the books, I am sure Livvy will be delighted with this.

Pat xx

Christine said...

Hi Chris awww love this sweet image so much I used him myself..lol what a lovely gift for Livvy shame on education making her sit 2 exams.. am sure this darling prezzy will sheer her up..lovely take on the chall theme. fab GD gift.

smiles Christine x

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous gift bag!! That is the most adorable image!! The design and details you added are so fabulous!! I love this!! Your granddaughter will treasure it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Chrissy said...

FABulous gift bag Chris..love this cute mouse image and I love your background stamp and the details on the the handles..what a great gift..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Barbara said...

So nice of you to be encouraging to your granddaughter, and her test taking with the cute card. There are so many elements on it to make her happy. That Mouse House image carrying all of the books is perfect for this. Thanks for sharing with us at the Mod Squad Challenge this week. Hope to see you again.
Barbara Challenge Host

Wendy said...

Gorgeous gift bag for your granddaughter, super cute image and fabulous design..
hugs Wendy xx

Kathleen said...

Really super image Chris and a fabulous gift bag, great colours and design, bet she loves it.
I don't know about you but I seem to worry about my Grandchildren more than I did about my Girls. Ethan has just started his second year at Senior school and I can not believe how quickly it has gone and that it was 2 years ago we were going through the same worries as you, Thankfully it all turned out well and I hope it does for you too.

Kath x

Pamellia said...

Oh this is so adorable Chris! I just love that image, oh my gosh, I can't help but smile at that sweet little mouse! The colour palette is fantastic, so bright and cheery! What a beautiful and functional craft project, your granddaughter will love it! hugs :)

Unknown said...

what a great card idea, so cute :)
thanks for joining us at SheepSki Designs Challenges. i hope you’ll join us again πŸ™‚
Greetings
DT heike πŸ™‚

Sue said...

Chris, what a beautiful little gift bag, and love the reason you made it! I am sure she appreciated her Gram making her the bag. Wonderful Good Luck stamp and the poor little mouse loaded down with books. Wonderful project for the school days challenge, Perfect!

Hugs
Sue

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous gift bag Chris :-) the little mouse is adorable and I love the 'good luck' background, I am sure your granddaughter loves this, and whatever was inside it ;-)

I agree, the education system is very tough on kids and puts them under a lot of stress :-(

luv
Lols x x x

Diane said...

Your one thoughtful Grandma Chris !! Your gift bag is super !!

hugs Diane xx

Misti said...

Chris, your gift bag is a gift in itself! Fabulous!!!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Pattie's Creations, good luck!!! Amy DT

Marlies said...

A beautiful giftbag for your granddaughter. You stamped a lovely background for the cute mouse. Very well designed! Thanks for joining our challenge at addicted to Stamps. Marlies

AndreaNorris said...

So creative I love the bag and House Mouse. thank you for joining us at SheepSki Designs this time, good luck
Andrea x

cohenna said...

Beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at Pattie's Creations Challenges. I hope you’ll join us again

Sandra DeFalco said...

Chris, WTG!
Congrats on your win of 2 images (excluding sets) in Challenge #138 from Pattie's Creations! Make sure you stop in the challenge blog to email Pattie with your image choices within 7 DAYS. Her email info is on the sidebar. Also grab the 'I Won Badge'.
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!