Followers

Thursday 21 September 2017

Spots and dots


Good morning, this is a scheduled post as I'm at my son's today looking after my 3 year old granddaughter while Mummy and Daddy enjoy a belated honeymoon. They're only away for a couple of days as they didn't want to leave their little girl for too long! She's totally unconcerned at their going away without her...but I'm a bit worried about the plans she has for me...I'm going to be kept very busy! 
The new challenge at Southern Girls is up and running, the theme is 'Spots and Dots' and the sponsors this time are Lacy Sunshine and Krafters Kart, please visit the main challenge blog for full details.
 To make my card I coloured up Rory's Lil Unicorn from Lacy Sunshine, using a mixture of copics and glitter pens. I kept the layout very simple,  an embossed square of cardstock wrapped with twine matted over dotty dp. I added a tag, sentiment is computer generated and 3 little brads.
Thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day.
Chris
x


12 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card Chris, love this image and colours. Enjoy your time with grand daughter.xx [aNNie]

Diana said...

Hmm I wanna know what her plans are :D Congrats with your son and daughter in law anniversary.

This card is sooooooooo cute!

X
Diana
My creations

Pat said...

Great card Chris, lovely image, enjoy your time with your granddaughter.

Pat xx

Chrissy said...

GORgeous colouring on Rory Chris and love your spot papers and embossed panel..have a great time baby sitting..drink plenty of water..lol..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Kathleen said...

Beautiful card, great image and again wonderful colouring.
Hope you are enjoying your baby sitting.

Kath x

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous Chris, she's adorable & great sentiment... enjoy your time with your granddaughter.
Wendy xx

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! She's beautiful!! I love her red hair!! The texture is fabulous!! Enjoy the time with your granddaughter!! I am leaving on vacation and won't be around for a couple of weeks. I'll stop by when I get back!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Donna Ellis said...

Aw, Chris, she is beautifully colored in such vibrant colors, and a wonderful "circular" theme in your background papers! Fantastic creation. I am leaving a much dreaded copy-and-paste phrase on my friends' blogs. Trying to get back into the groove of normal, everyday life. The recent events in Florida caused circumstances which triggered exacerbations of my diseases. Hoping that my hands heal, and strength returns soon - the rest of it can be coped with easily enough. Thanks for understanding my inability to accomplish very much - maybe in October? love and hugs, de

Wishcraft said...

Fab colours and design, a really lovely card... Hope you've had a great time with your granddaughter :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful card Chris....love the sweet image and great colouring...Have fun spending time with your granddaughter...Joolsx

Pamellia said...

Wonderful card Chris! I love all the fabulous shades of green, so bright and cheery. Her hair is amazing, wow, the red really pops and the colouring is spectacular! Love you you wrapped the twine around the layer and dangled the sentiment tag, great design element!! Hope you had fun with your granddaughter! hugs :)

mixamatoasties said...

What a gorgeous card Chris! That embossing folder is fab, I've never seen one with non uniform dots.

Hope you had a great time with your grand-daughter.

Susan x