Followers

Saturday 18 November 2017

A bit of recycling...

I'm back with a quick post to share a project I made for the current challenge at Aurora Wings, I thought that there was another week to go but just noticed the deadline is today! 
The theme is recycling. My lovely DIL is a huge fan of recycling and is always giving me boxes and containers to re-use, so here's what I did with this one! 



I cut the cereal box to size to fit over the blue outside part of the original box,  die cut an aperture then painted  with a layer of gesso and then Starlights metallic paint  in pearl, when dry I used Nuvo Glimmer Paste through a stencil, which gives a beautifully raised sparkly effect.
I framed the lovely Mistletoe Fairy,(coloured with copics)  with red glitter card and placed it in the aperture cut into painted the cereal box, then glued the whole lot over the original blue box cover (it really didn't want to stick, so I resorted to UHU glue, which I hate because it tends to go everywhere I don't want it to go...but it does stick!!! I covered the two end panels with the red glitter card and sparkly red organza ribbon and added a pearly trim...(more Uhu!!)
I'm going to put my sister's Christmas pressie in this box...she has a 'box fetish' and will keep it forever :))
Thanks for visiting, please scroll down to see my earlier post today.
Chris
x

Challenges entered:
daringcardmakers -gift bag or box
thatscrafty - Stencil it!
mixitup #7
incywincy not a card

18 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Chris! Truly a present in itself and what a keepsake for your sister. Gorgeous coloring on Mistletoe Fairy and such a lovely way to frame her. The glitter stenciling is amazing and pearl trim is the perfect elegant touch. Fabulous recycling! Love, love, LOVE! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

Chrissy said...

So GORgeous Chris..beautiful sparkly embossing and the image is beautifully coloured..fabulous recycling..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

Such a gorgeous box, Chris! So festive and Christmas-y in a sparkly and elegant way. Your coloring on the Mistletoe Fairy is beautiful. and she's framed in such a lovely way. Your sister will keep this box forever, not just because of her box fetish, but because it's so beautiful! Thank you for joining our Recycled challenge at AW with this beauty! Mitzi xx

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is amazing!! What a perfect recycle!! The Mistletoe Fairy is gorgeous!! You brought her to life in color!! The papers and pearl trim are so beautiful!! I love this!! Your sister will treasure it!! It's stunning!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Wishcraft said...

Ooh! So pretty and shimmery, love it Chris :o) Hugs, Lisa x

PS - re Sugar Nellie, as far as I know the shop is still open but no new Sugar Nellies will be made, so once they're gone that's it I suppose x

Kathleen said...

Certainly a WOW factor here Chris, wonderful re-cycling and a really fabulous creation.

Kath x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great recycled project. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx

aussie aNNie said...

What a beautiful transformation. Love to re-cycle boxes too and this is just another inspiration.xxx[aNNie]🎄

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh that's gorgeous Chris! I love the fab image and what a fun way to recycle that box. Brilliant hun! Lucky you to have a DIL so keen on recycling that she gives you fab stash to work with. Love that! Have a great week hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo (Sunday night here, so off to bed soon!)

Pamellia said...

What a great idea for a recycling project! The final piece is beautiful. Your image is amazing and I love the red accents and the pearl trim! What a transformation!! hugs :)

Mia said...

What a great recycling idea! What a beautiful box you made. I love your creation, Chris. Kisses, my friend.

Donna Ellis said...

I love recycling, Chris, and this is particularly lovely and whimsical! Great for little storage of anything, or for giving a gift - beautifully colored (as always) and I enjoy seeing those tear drop pearls used! Quite a wonderful "up"-cycle! hugs, de

Karen C said...

This is so fab! Thanks for joining our “NOT A CARD” challenge over at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge Blog!
Hugs,
Karen C

Kathy said...

What a fab project. I cannot bear to throw a ice box away - I have a cupboard stuffed with them!

Thanks for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers this week

Dawn said...

Such a beautiful image and a great way to recycle. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Gorgeous project Chris.....and a great bit of recycling....love the image...Joolsx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a fabulous project and beautiful gift for someone. Your stencilled layers really do shine through. Thank you for joining in with the That's Crafty Stencil it Challenge and sharing your creation.
Best Wishes Tracey DT

Wendy said...

Fabulous recycled creation, such a beautiful image & design.
Wendy xx