Followers

Saturday 20 January 2018

Life in the fast lane


Good morning, it's time for a new challenge over at Sweet Stampin' and our theme is 'man cards'. OK, not everyone's favourite...but we do always need to make them! I usually quite enjoy making masculine themed cards as I enjoy a challenge and I have to think a bit harder about what to make...you can't just colour something pretty and add flowers to it...but this time I struggled and two ended up in the bin before I ended up with this one which I quite like...even though it looks wonky in the photograph (it isn't :))
I used a sheet of kraft based dp for the background, and stamped my image on the plain reverse of it. I stamped the image twice with versamark ink and heat embossed with black embossing powder. I used a stitched rectangle dies to cut the whole image, then a smaller die to cut part of the second image, matted it onto blue card and adhered it in place with sticky tabs. The sentiment banner is also stamped and embossed and raised with sticky pads. I added some punched stars and twine to embellish.
My lovely teamies have come up with some great masculine designs, so please pop over here for some inspiration, then why not make a card and play along, it's great to have a few masculine themed cards in your stash for those guys in your life inconsiderate  enough to have birthdays
Thanks for visiting
Enjoy the weekend!
Chris
x

Challenges entered:
craftycatz #400
avenue613 #205 (new stamp and DP)
heartfulstamping # atg + stamp


15 comments:

Babs said...

What a great Male Card your design is fab and your tyre track effect looks really good. Love the banner sentiment and your stars , they finish your card off beautifully .have a lovely weekend.
Hugs Babs x

Wendy said...

Fabulous male card, great colours & design.
Wendy xx

Unknown said...

Great masculine card, love the kraft and blue...great idea to highlight a part of the stamp by adding the second panel :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Lisa said...

This is so fabulous!! I struggle with masculine cards!! I love how you've popped up part of the motorcycle - so creative!! The blue is gorgeous with the kraft paper!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

cinday said...

It's a great male card !

Kathleen said...

What a fabulous design Chris, great image and even more male with using the kraft card, in my humble opinion.
Not an image I would use for my Grandson's though would be terrified if they wanted a motorbike.
Glad my card today made you smile and the things you do for challenges.
Heard from Chrissy today, she is hoping to be back next month and I was pleased because she did sound a bit more chirpy.

Kath x

aussie aNNie said...

Awesome card, great stamp and for a guy, it's fab.xxHave a lovely weekend.♥
[aNNie]

Jenny L said...

Hi Chris,
what a very gorgeous male card and your design is brilliant.
Love all the wonderful stamping in this and your inage created that way is so super.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Planetsusie said...

Hi Chris the card I'm making at the moment is a 'male' type of card and I find them challenging too - but I enjoy making them. Your card is great and I wouldn't mind a go on the bike - as long as I wasn't driving lol! The blue really makes everything stand out beautifully - fab card methinks!! Hugs Sue Pxxx

Aunty Sue said...

Great card and thanks for sharing at crafty catz in our ATG challenge this week hope to see you again very soon and dont forget we have a GDT call for February

Sue said...

Great card Chris I always struggle with them LOL huggles Sue xx

Donna Ellis said...

Fabulous masculine card, Chris. I love the simple coloring and those vertical zigzag lines in the background. Wonderful creation. Hugs, de

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card for a man Chris...Great image and background....Joolsx

Helen said...

Great card - love the way you've layered the image.

Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Catz Challenge.

Helen x

Juliet A said...

This looks so much more complex than the process you've described - I hope youa re proud of this wonderful design! We are always excited to see your creations at the HeARTful Stamping Challenge!