Followers

Saturday 6 February 2016

It's a Love Thing

 I'm back again already with my card(s) for this month's challenge at Crafty Calendar, the theme this time is 'It's a love thing' -again a great theme for those of us who don't particularly want to make Valentines cards! The card above was made using a beautiful image from Bugaboo, one of our lovely sponsors this month. I always think of the cute and quirky images that Bugaboo make, but there are loads of beautiful floral images too, definitely worth a look! This image is gorgeous and stands alone to make a card, I  coloured it with copics and matted it onto a very simple design... I love the way it turned out!

My second card was made using a very cute image from our other fab sponsor, Robyn's Fetish. This image is called Perfect Pear, this time I  paper pieced my image and die cut it with a stitched square die, again the design is quite simple, composed of different sized rectangles of dp, I added a ribbon and some tiny tags. I know I'll find a good use for this one, which I wouldn't for a Valentine's card!
Well that's enough from me for today, I hope you'll take a moment to hop over to Crafty Calendar  where there's absolutely loads of  fabulous creations from my teamies.
Thanks for visiting today.
I hope your weekend is a good one!
Chris
x

14 comments:

Katrina Bufton said...

Fab cards Chris. I love the layout and papers you've chosen for Perfect Pair, they show off the image really well.
Katrina xx

chrissy xx said...

Like buses lol..Two cards together..
Love these Hydrangeas! Beautiful colouring Chris and a FAB design.
Now these two little pears are the cutest of cute..FABulous paper piecing and a great design.
Chrissyxx

Pamellia said...

Beautiful cards Chris. Totally loving those huggy pears! How sweet!! Your flowers in the first one are incredible and I love the matching butterfly too!! Gorgeous!!

Great news about Geoff, thanks for letting me know! Sending wishes :)

Wendy said...

Two fabulous cards Chris, love those Hydrangeas such a beautiful image!
Hugs
Wendy xx

Pat said...

Two lovely cards Chris, love the colouring on the first and the cute image on the second. Have a good weekend.

Pat xx

Kathleen said...

Looks like I have a marathon on with you today, definitely two but I am sure I spotted 3 cards to comment on.
These two cards are just totally fabulous, both just what I like, flowers, fun images and paper piecing.
Between you and Chrissie you both seem to like spending my money, two more images I will have to have.
Take care.

Kath x

aussie aNNie said...

Delightful cards and your images are so pretty and sweet...love your colours too.xx {aNNie}

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Two beautiful cards Christ....Love the cute pear one....the flower one is stunning...Joolsx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Two beautiful cards Christ....Love the cute pear one....the flower one is stunning...Joolsx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

The first card is simply wonderful Chris, and the second one is so cute.

Love and hugs
Maarit

coldwaters2 said...

Two beautiful cards Chris I especially love the first one with the lovely vibrant colours the second one is also a brilliant make, the image, design and colours look ACE
hugs
Lorraine x

Inkypinkydelights said...

Two lovely cards Chris. I honestly would not know which to choose as a winner. They are both lovely. Judy x

Inkypinkydelights said...

Two lovely cards Chris. I honestly would not know which to choose as a winner. They are both lovely. Judy x

chrissy xx said...

Just calling in to say. Thinking about you and hope everything's going to plan.
Chrissyxx