Followers

Monday 24 July 2017

A bit of time to play...


I had a very quiet weekend...lovely and peaceful, with time to read and play! Weather a bit unsettled (well a lot unsettled yesterday!) so the craft room was a good place to be. I didn't feel like making cards so I dug out my art journal and made a new page.
I used acrylic paint to paint the page matt black then stencilled some cogs onto it using Starlights metallic paint, then stamped and gold embossed more cogs... didn't come out very well as the page is not flat for stamping, but as it was an effect I was aiming for it didn't really matter!
 I cut the clock from DP and stuck it roughly in the middle. The beautiful , but creepy, girl is an Aurora Wings image I was lucky enough to win recently, coloured with copics (boy, those frills were challenging!), tiny real feathers added to her hat. The gorgeous steampunk owls are also Aurora Wings,  I used copics and and a gold gel pen to colour and then painted over their wings with sparkle pens. I added some die cut and embossed cogs, a metal owl charm (difficult to see...he's in the bottom left hand corner) more stamping and a bit of doodling. It was a lovely relaxing way to spend a dull damp Sunday!
Thanks for looking, I hope you like my page!
Chris
x

Challenges
Aurora Wings #54
welove2create #16
throughthepurplehaze #129
ainkymess  #12
crafterscafe  #177
happylittlestampers July mixed media

12 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

I like your attitude, Chris, about how things don't come out the way you originally thought, and "it doesn't matter". That's how 98% off my creations occur - not the way I planned at all, and I'm usually quite pleased with how the Universe took over and inspired my fingers to make an outcome pleasantly surprising. Your project is fantastic! I love that you have used stencils and paint. Have a wonderful week. hugs, de

Jenny L said...

Hi Chris,
what a very stunning and beautiful page.
Your work is excellent and so very wonderful.
Love everything about this especially the owls.
Lots of crafty love. Jnny L.

Jan said...

This is great xx jan

Kathleen said...

Great creation, Lady of many talents, must have had more than a 'bit if time' to play though. Super creation.

Kath x

Diana said...

OMG! This one I love!!!! This is soooooooo awsome!!!!

xx
Diana

aussie aNNie said...

Wow Chris, this is awesome, love your style and use of that gorgeous image. Sure makes the creation complete.xx [aNNie]

Michelle said...

This is so lovely. Nice colors and steampunky feeling.
Thanks for playing with us at HLS Mixed Media Challenge.
Good luck!! Michelle(DT)

cass said...

Wow! this is great. Thank you for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Steampunk" challenge.

DonnaMundinger said...

What a fabulous page, Chris! Amazing metallics and layering and I love the feather detail in her hat and the addition of not one, but two glorious owls. Steampunkilicious for sure! Thanks so much for joining our Fur and Feathers challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

Dotstolines said...

Wow! This is amazing! Love it! Wow! Thank you for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers. Good luck!
Aditi Mahajan- DT

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

Chris, this is amazing! I love how you put time and care into all the details on the Steampunk girl and her doll. The coloring looks absolutely stunning - the frills look great! The mechanical owls are a perfect touch in this project, too. Love love LOVE~!!! Thank you for joining us at Aurora Wings Challenge! Mitzi xx

Chrissy said...

What a FANtastic page Chris..love the steampunk Goth look..the cogs are so neat and the girl is rather pretty..her doll is a bit creepy though..lol..the Owls are wonderful..FABulous work of art..

Luv CHRISSYxx