Followers

Wednesday 26 July 2017

Summer fun at Creative Moments

Good morning!
The optional theme for this fortnight's challenge at Creative Moments is 'summer fun'...with an added twist of using punches or dies...or of course 'anything goes'!
We have 2 great sponsors this time, Sparkle N Sprinkle and Scribbles. I was given  this fab tropical drink image to use, coloured with copics and added glossy accents all over the glass. The little cocktail glasses are cut with a punch my daughter gave me years ago when I first started crafting, I punched them from white cardstock and coloured them with copics to match the colours in the main image, again i covered them with glossy accents. The papers were a magazine freebie.  I followed athis sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.
Summer seems to have deserted us here right now, can't complain as we've had some wonderful weather so far this year, just seems a shame that as soon as school's out the weather changes! Hopefully the sun will reappear soon!
Thanks for visiting!
Chris
x

Challenges entered:
sweetsketchwednesday2 #117
cardmania #94 summer fun
creatalicious #119

12 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

This is gorgeous Chris, love the colours and that drink looks yummy.xx [aNNie]

Jenny L said...

Hi Chris,
what a very brilliant card, and it's making me feel thirsty as it looks so good.
Beautiful and super colouring as usual.
Great designing as always.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Donna Ellis said...

What a beautiful use of the SNS image, Chris! Loving the die cuts and background in squares. You might want to consider posting this to the SNS challenge - it's so beautiful! hugs, de

Pat said...

Beautiful summery card Chris, lovely image and great colours. I know what you mean about the weather and school holidays, we have four of our granddaughters and our sons dog here today and it has never stopped raining!!!

Pat. Xx

Heide said...

What a fun summer card! love the bright colors and the cute little drink embellishments. Thanks for joining us this challenge. Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

Chrissy said...

Fabulous fun Summer card Chris..that drink actually made me lick my lips..gorgeous colours and card design..those little punched glasses are so cute.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Kathleen said...

Super bright and beautiful summery card. Gorgeous colours and a great image.

Kath x

Blossom Cards said...

lovely card and image thanks for sharing with Creatalicious Rachel DT

Kathie said...

Hi Chris saw your card over at Creative Moments and knew that was my sketch I designed and I was so hoping that you would enter it over here at SSW2. Love your card it warms me up as its winter here in New Zealand. Is it iced tea or something a little stronger? I know what you mean about the weather, my boys went back to boarding school on Monday evening after two weeks holiday, it rained for nearly two weeks and as soon as they went back it was a wonderful day on Tuesday fine and sunny. Loving your card and colours and thanks so much for sharing your work with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Beautiful creation!
Thanks for playing at Card Mania Challenge and sorry for late comment.
Ileanaxx

karto_flana said...

I like this Sweet Cocktail. :)

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional summer” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy before I left for my 5-week-trip to Africa…