Followers

Saturday 22 July 2017

Cake!


Good morning and happy weekend. There's a new Challenge starting today at Sweet Stampin' with the fabulous theme of 'Cake'! I thought I'd share the photos of the exploding box  card I made for my son and daughter in law last December.  First of all I'd like to apologise for the terrible quality of these photos! I made this  card in the deep dark days of winter and could never get any decent light to take photos! The colours are actually a very deep blue and a creamy white to match the wedding colours. The card I used had a beautiful shimmer too, which also is not apparent here!
The cake is constructed from card with liquid pearl icing, decorated with satin ribbon, cream and dark blue rosebuds and die cut ivy and silver hearts. The large hearts are die cut as is the lettering.



Here's the top of the box when closed...

and here's the inside of the lid, with a stamped and embossed message, and a small pocket for a personal message to the happy couple! Not a lot of stamping this week , but it is there! Again the colours are weird, the embossing is definitely silver not gold!

I did enjoy constructing this card, quite a challenge as it's a 6 inch cube...my lovely new daughter-in-law absolutely loved it (it's still on display now!)

Thanks for visiting today...for more inspiration  please click here to see some yummy treats from my lovely teamies! Then it's your turn to make our mouths water...just remember to stamp something on your entries!
Have a great weekend
Chris
x
Challenges entered:
happylittlestampers atg with dies
allsorts #425 fancy folds


18 comments:

Diana said...

Oh WOW Chris, that looks really yummie!!! So beautifull!

X
Diana
click here for my blog

aussie aNNie said...

WOW, WOW, WOW, What else can I say...xx [aNNie]

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Chris! Fabulous design with beautiful papers! I have not made one of these yet. What a great way of CELEBRATING! hugs, de

Pat said...

Oh my Chris this is absolutely gorgeous, no wonder your daughter-in-law loved it. The cake looks good enough to eat! Have a good weekend.

Pat xx

Chrissy said...

WONderful Chris...so elegant and just GORgeous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

I love this Chris it's gorgeous! huggles Sue xx

mixamatoasties said...

Love this Chris, and I so admire your patience in putting it together! I'm sure I would have made a mess of it due to my impatience!!!

Susan xx

Kathleen said...

Fantastic make and really lovely colours, love the cake and all the die cuts.
You have just described our weather here early this evening, you'd have thought it was winter.

Kath x

Jenny L said...

Hi Chris,
oh how beautiful is this exploding box.
I love your wonderful design, and the super wedding cake in the middle.
Such a very clever design and construction.
Love the colours also.
I have 3 lights to photograph my cards, and use A3 white card to make my background which gives me a lot of light to photograph.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Inkyfingers said...

What an amazing creation Chris - someone is going to be delighted to receive this beauty!
Hugs
Carol x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Chris, this is utterly fabulous hun! I love exploding box designs, they're full of hidden treasures and special details and this one is for sure! Love the Royal Blue and your beautiful personalised design. I bet your Son and Daughter in Law loved it to bits! Truly gorgeous hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Michelle said...

Oh Wow Chris. They must of love this. It is amazing and beautiful. Such lovely detailed work - Michelle x

Karen Letchworth said...

WOW, this is fabulous Chris. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us. We love seeing your creative work, and hope that you will join us again soon. Din't forget to check out all the fabulous ribbons, trims, and more in the RRR Shop.
Blessings,
Karen L
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Mervi said...

Gorgeous card, very fabulous creation!
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts;-))m

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

sweet art designs said...

This is just so darn cute! Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too - Myrna DT

Deepti Aggarwal said...

WOW!!! beautiful box card..Love it totally..Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with dies challenge. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Wow! That layer cake is amazing! I love the gold embossed elements against the navy background, too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at the RRR Anything Goes with Ribbon or Trim Challenge!