Followers

Saturday 17 March 2018

Spread your wings


Hi, I'm back with my DT card for our new challenge at Sweet Stampin', we have a really great theme for you this week...'use your scraps'! Now I always have loads of scraps of dp and card as I'm very reluctant to throw away anything larger than a postage stamp in case it could come in useful, but for this card I chose to use some of those scraps of white stamping card that are left from printing out digis...have loads of those too! I had a lovely time covering one scrap with Distress oxides. I stamped the  frame with black archival ink onto the inked scrap and cut it out (around the easy bits!). I stamped the same frame onto a larger piece of card that I'd spattered with the same coloured inks, then stuck the cut out frame on top. The sentiment was stamped onto a left over strip of the coloured card. Birds were die cut from a tiny scrap of black card. I'm happy with how this turned out!
Why not play along this week and use some of those scraps of paper and card that you can't bear to throw away? For more inspiration click here to see what my lovely teamies have created this week.
Thanks for visiting
Chris
x
Challenges entered:
diesruschallenge #93
shoppingourstash #345
PDE #11
thesisterhoodofcrafters -birds
useyourstuff #303

17 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant way to use the scraps and this has turned out rather exquisite too...xx 💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

Unknown said...

Wonderful card, love the orange and black and cool splattering effect too. I'm the same with scraps (even postage stamp size can come in useful for a punched butterfly ;) lol ) I just need to remember to use them more !
Hugs Kaz xx

meg said...

Great inspiration on how tu use the scraps of card we all seem to hoard, love the colourway and design,

Darlene said...

This is awesome! Love your choice of color & design! Great use of scraps! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Frame It’ challenge at Dies R Us and the 'Birds' challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Barbara said...

Beautiful design! Thank you for playing along with us in the DIES R US challenge!
Barbara
Dies R Us Challenge Blog DT
http://carterie-creative.blogspot.fr

Chrissy said...

GORgeous Chris..love the orange background and the splashes over the card..lovely design..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the colors!! It's so beautiful!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kathleen said...

Nearly missed this, glad I didn't, love the orange strip with the black birds, same with the sentiment, a really stunning card Chris, you are so very talented and versatile.

Kath x

Amy Lane said...

What a vibrant card. Love what you have done here. Thanks for joining us at UYS.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

WOW!! what a gorgeous way to use your stash of papers, love the deep orange splatter matching your beautiful frame, the bird images just pop!!
Thank you for playing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you play again soon.
Hugs.









kReN said...

Love how you added the bird silhouettes against the background. Great idea! Thanks for joining us at the Pauses Dream Enjoy Challenges. kren
I am a follower. Follow me at http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

desperatehousewifecraft said...

What a wonderful use of your scraps and the colouring with distress oxides is amazing! I used to be like you and keep all my scraps but I chucked them out during our recent love as i had tons! It actually pained me to do so! LoL! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters and we hope to see more of your wonderful creations again! Hugs, Gwendolyn

scrappymo! said...

This is a stunning use of scraps.I save my laser photocopy sheets as well I find if the image has a white background, then the sentiment stamped onto the same laser paper looks a perfect match (as it is).

The birds flying about are beautiful too.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Stunning Chris. I love that inky panel. So beautifully done! Love the beautiful scrolly stamping and the sweet birds in flight. So gorgeous hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Mimi said...

Awesome artsy card! We LOVE using our scraps at Shopping Our Stash, and we are like you (can't seem to toss any little bit!), so you should really come play every week! New challenge tomorrow... Anyway, back to your card: the warm colors really attracted me, and the birds look perfect flying in a sunset sky!

Janis Lewis said...

Cute! Thanks for sharing at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.

lauren bergold said...

what a gorgeous & artistic card, each detail is just right! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH of feathered friends with us this week! ♥