Followers

Wednesday 30 May 2018

Simple rocker card -plus tutorial


This is my last post as a Guest Designer for Catch the Blog Challenges, I've had a wonderful time designing with Jodie's fabulous images and would like to thank her and the very lovely and talented DT for having me!
I'm delighted to tell you that I've been asked to stay on as a DT member, of course I accepted, so I'll be back next week with some more Bugaboo makes :)

Today I have created a little rocker card and a short tutorial (a first for me!)  to show the process.

Here's what you need- cardstock, dp, various circle dies, ribbon, and a couple of little brads...oh and the
 image of course.
I used Kidz Bella Birthday Balloons available here, and used my copics to colour her.


My card is small, these are the sizes of die I used...size doesn't really matter, you can make it as big or small as you like!
I used dies from different sets to get the sizes I wanted

Using the largest stitched die, cut 1 from cardstock
Using the medium sized stitch die cut 1 from DP
Using the smallest stitched die cut out image
Using the scalloped die cut 1 from cardstock
I used the pink die to cut 1 from DP -( this isn't essential)


Next score and fold the largest cardstock circle and the larger dp circle, then glue the dp onto the cardstock

Layer up the remaining circles, inking edges where required, glue together then glue onto folded circle as in photo.
Basically the card is now complete and can be decorated (or not!) as required.

I added two bows with the tiny brads and a sentiment tag.

Hope this all made sense :)
Thanks for visiting today!
Chris
x

Challenges entered:
craftaholicsrus #22
avenue613 #209 mainly blue
addicted-to-stamps #164
intaas #34
craftyfriends B is for... blue, bows, brads, balloons
mytimetocraft #371


11 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Love rocker cards and you have presented yours so beautifully. The tut will be useful to many who want to know 'how'.....fabulous card Chris.xxx[aussie aNNie blog]

meg said...

Beautiful rocker card and really easy to follow tutorial

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! The image is so sweet!! I love the colors!! The rocker design is fabulous and your tutorial is perfect!! I've never tried one but now you've inspired me to do so!! Congrats on your new DT, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Chrissy said...

ADORable card Chris, that little girl is so sweet and coloured beautifully and a great tutorial..congrats on your new DT position..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Pat said...

What a sweet little rocker card Chris, great tutorial will have to try one of these. Congratulations on your new Design Team post well deserved.

Pat xx

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous creation, love the little rocker card and the gingham paper and ribbon. A really lovely sweet image too.
So glad you have been invited to stay on as a DT, you really have shown their products off brilliantly.

Kath x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Chris, that is adorable! I LOVE that sweet image and your rocker card is fabulous!! Love the tutorial too, very clear and fab. Congrats on making the team, they're lucky to have you! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Michelle said...

Outstanding tutorial Chris and a beautiful rocker card! I may have to give this a go - have a great weekend - Michelle x

Danoesja said...

Ohhh this is so cute and sweet, i love the image you used.
Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps.
Greetings, Danoesja

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh what a fun fold and sweet card! Thank you for joining the Craftaholics R Us Gingham Challenge!

CraftyGirl said...

What a sweet little card. Thank you for playing along this week at International Art & Soul. I sure hope to see you back again very soon!!!

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
International Art & Soul DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com