Followers

Sunday 16 June 2019

A card for me...


Hi, it seems like ages since I had time to play and create a card just for fun...what with DT stuff, holidays and granddaughters, time just flies past! Yesterday I had some time to play with my lovely Lavinia stamps and gelli plate...if you saw my green stained fingers you'd know exactly what I'd been up to! I made two fairly similar (well, very similar!) cards...this one I brayered DI inks directly onto the paper (no gelli plate here!) then stamped my images using various colours of Versafine Clair inks, added some touches of white gel pen ink and added a bit of sparkle with Wink of Stella (sorry it doesn't show up in the poho). I kept the design totally CAS - find it difficult and unnecessary to do anything else with these stamps! I haven't added a sentiment because I use these cards for all for sorts of occasions..
Not a very good photo, the card is white ...usually we have better daylight for taking photos in June!!!
Thanks for visiting, hope you've had a good weekend so far, enjoy the rest of it!
xx

Challenges entered
craftyfriends #112
asyoulikeit - Lavinia Stamps are my favourites,
they're so delicate and beautiful, stamp perfectly and are very versatile.
laviniaworld #2

16 comments:

Janette said...

Stunning Chris, its so so gorgeous I love it and it is worth the green fingers.
Enjoy your day, we have sunshine at last..YAYYYY!!!!!!xxx

Lori Kobular said...

Oh I LOVE the scene you created on your gorgeous card! The colors and the scene are totally magical! Thanks for sharing with us at Lavinia World Challenge #2! I do hope you will join us again in future challenges!

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! How completely beautiful, Chris! I love what you have done with the pink and teal theme, and that spiraling sentiment! What's a day without inky fingers, anyway? The depth you created in the front of the garden is amazing, with the dark shadow images and then the bright lavender thistle! Gorgeous card! Such a pleasure to see your pretty card at Lavinia World Challenges. Hope to see more of your creations in the future.
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Chrissy said...

WOW..Beautiful Chris..I love the background colours and the stamps are all gorgeous..the flowers look fabulous with the white detail dots, what a magical scene..

Luv CHRISSYxx

NickScrapShack said...

This looks stunning! I love the little scene you created and the colour combo looks fantastic!

meg said...

beautiful background, magical scene and card

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, it's absolutely stunning, Chris!! I love the beautiful colors and design!! It looks so spectacular!! I'm so excited you played along with the Lavinia World Challenge #2!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kathleen said...

Stunning creation Chris, just love everything about it, I would not know where to start, you are so talented.
Wink of Stella never shows up on photo's and it really annoys me because if you use it on an evening when you have the light on it looks really super but then you look at it in the day time and you can hardly see it.

Have a great week.

Kath x

aussie aNNie said...

So stunning and how nice to have a play time. Can't beat the lavinia stamps for that fairy scene, created beautifully.xx

Alina Florea said...

Perfect background for the scene you created. Love it! Thank you for playing with us over at Lavinia World Challenge. Best of luck, Alina DT

Pat said...

Awesome creation Chris, love the Lavinia stamps and your beautiful background. I know what you mean about taking the photo's I've been waiting for days to get some photo's done and just managed it yesterday when the sun popped out for a few minutes, where is summer? Have a good day.

Pat xx

Arlene said...

What a beauty.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

So so beautiful Chris! I love these stamped scenes, they're quite enchanting and this is a beauty! LOVE it! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Aunty Sue said...

Wow Chris this is stunning and no wonder you won their 2nd challenge congrats

Lisa Lynn said...

Chris that is beautiful and that stamp is gorgeous. Glad you were able to find some time to "play".

Diane Louise J said...

Hello Chris... it’s so lovely to see you have shared one of your gorgeous cards with us. Thanks for entering your magical fairy card into our ‘Fairies/Fantasy’ Challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon.
Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]