Followers

Saturday 17 July 2021

Make your own background at Sweet Stampin' Challenge


Good morning, it's time for a new challenge at Sweet Stampin'.
The theme this fortnight is 
'MAKE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND'

So I had a little play with Distress Oxide Inks, a sunray stencil and a lovely Nuvo Mica Mist spray- wish the shimmer and sparkle showed up in the photo!
I let the background dry thoroughly (not easy for me...I'm too impatient!) and then stamped the beautiful seahorse (Lavinia Stamps) using a dark green Versafine Clair ink. I used a clear glitter pen to pick out some of the scales and the tendrils (again not showing in photo- but it does look pretty IRL).
I finished the edges with some Frantage crushed glass glitter.


 It's well worth paying a visit to Sweet Stampin' challenge blog just to see the beautiful cards my lovely and talented teamies have produced this week- we'd love to see what you make of this challenge theme too, so why not play along this fortnight?

Thanks for visiting

Chris

x


Challenge entries:

2craftycrittercrazies #52

aperfecttimetocraft #7

LTCCB#60

creativecrafters #42

craftycreations #423

welove2create #7



18 comments:

meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
meg said...

I enlarged your card Chris, the shimmer effect is stunning, love the background, the sunray stencil and frantage are beautiful

aussie aNNie said...

A cute and adorable card, love your gorgeous finish.. xx

Janette said...

Hi Chris, this is stunning, the shimmer is beautiful.xxxx

SarahR said...

Hi Chris, still think it's a fabulous card! Such a shame that shimmers never come across well in photos, wish I knew a trick to fix it as I have the same problem.

Sarah

Tracey T said...

I love this, Chris! The inked background is stunning xx

Pat said...

Fabulous background Chris and lovely image. Have a good weekend.

Pat xx

Donna Ellis said...

WOWOW! What a gorgeous background you achieved, Chris! I especially like that muted use of the stencil. Genius! That sea horse is one of my all time favorite images since beginning to stamp back in 1989. You've given him a wonderful place to live. The glitter, of course, always is eye catching. I've not tried the crushed glass before, so that is something with extra texture! Love your card, Chris. hugs, de

Sue said...

I love this card Chris your background is amazing hugs Sue x

chrissy xx said...

FABulous! I LOve your colours and this every so pretty image Chris.
Your glitter glass is just perfect!
Chrissyxx

Shona Erlenborn said...

Gorgeous work Chris!! The background with the soft stenciling and the muted wording is so pretty. What a detailed seahorse image with the addition of the glitter and the crushed glass border is the perfect finish!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my what a beautiful creation Chris I love how you have created the background it is perfect for that amazing image, superb card
hugs
lorraine x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful shimmery background Chris, love the colours, and Sebastian is wonderful..gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Such a stunning card Chris, I absolutely LOVE this hun!! That stamp is beautiful and so is your gorgeous background. Exquisite! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Jane Savage said...

Beautiful, I love the ethereal quality of this!
Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create With Polkadoodles! Jane (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creation Chris! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

pinky said...

Oh that is super gorgeous. Love the sparkle round the edges and your background has come out so beautiful!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your background is gorgeous and so is the seahorse and sentiment. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this week. Good Luck and I’m looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT