Followers

Sunday 12 September 2021

Thinking of you...


 Good morning, this week at Allsorts Challenges the team are dedicating the challenge to lovely Kath. It would have been her week to host and in typical, well organised Kath fashion she had picked the theme ages ago. Her chosen theme is Favourite Stamps and the Allsorts team have added an extra option of paper- pieced flowers as Kath was the queen of paper-piecing.  Here's the card I made to join in and remember a wonderful friend. I have used my all time favourite flower stamp, Ruffled Bloom an old wood backed stamp from Stampendous. I stamped onto the square of white cardstock twice, slightly off the edge, masking one image to stamp the other- then realised that I didn't need to mask it off as I was going to paper-piece over the top of it- doh! I stamped  the leaves, coloured them with Copic markers  and masked them to add the stamped background script and sentiment. I flicked a few splats onto the background then paper-pieced the flowers, adding a few seed beads to the centres. I finished with some twine and little flower beads. 

Please do hop over and look at the challenge, there's some beautiful inspiration, some lovely prizes and it would be great if you can join in by creating something beautiful in honour of Kath.

Thanks for stopping by

Chris

x

Challenge entries

Allsorts #641

creativefingers #214

craftycreations #425

watercooler #324

aplacetostart #9

19 comments:

Janette said...

Its a beautiful card Chris and a nice way to remember your lovely teamie.xx

meg said...

Beautifully designed card Chris,love the paper pieced flowers and stamping,the twine and flower beads a wonderful finishing touch

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Chris ..Kath would have loved it hugs Sue x

brenda said...

It's a lovely design with the blooms offset Chris and Kath would have loved it. She might have had a quip about the flicked ink and ask how messy your fingers got in the process.

You are right that it's an old stamp, I have it somewhere from one of my classes years ago. I would still have wood mounted if there were options.

So pleased you have joined us at Allsorts challenge this week, thank you so much.

B x

Sarn said...

That's a lovely card. Pretty stamp and I like the way you've gone off the edge. Unnecessary masking is just the sort of thing I'd do too! My sympathies! Really like your twine and bead embellishment.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my this is a beauty Chris I love those flowers and paper piecing a choice of wonderful colours and design a superb make
hugs
lorraine x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Chris just popped back to thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at ALLSORTS this week
hugs
lorraine x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful stamp Chris and I love the paper piecing on the flowers and the script back ground is fabulous, and I love those adorable glass flowers with the twine too..

Luv CHRISSYxx

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning card Chris, gorgeous flowerx

Pat said...

Beautiful flower stamp Chris, lovely paper piecing with a great off the edge design.

Pat xx

Pat K said...

Absolutely gorgeous Chris. I love the white background with the lovely script and your off the page design. xx

pinky said...

Beautiful card! I love the paper piece flowers and the text behind. Those little charms are the perfect touch to finish it Chris.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

A beautifully designed card and such a pretty flower stamp, I also love the seed beads for the stamens. Take care, Michelle x

cass said...

Pretty card. Thanks for joining us at A Place to Start this month for our "Patterned Paper" challenge

Chana Malkah said...

Beautiful design and a wonderful way to remember your late friend!

Thanks, for inspiring us at A Place To Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah,
A Place To Start, Owner
613 Avenue Create, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
Shopping Our Stash, DT
The Color of Cards, Owner

Chana Malkah said...

Congratulations! You have been chosen as a Rising Star at A Place To Start for the week of September 5th-12th! Thanks for playing along with us, please stop by our blog and grab your badge!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah,
A Place To Start, Owner
613 Avenue Create, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
Shopping Our Stash, DT
The Color of Cards, Owner

chrissy xx said...

A GORgeous card and the sentiment is perfect.
LOve your design and colours Chris.
Chrissyxx

SarahR said...

Hi Chris, that is one stunning card! Love the way the flowers are half over the edge - makes them look like they are peeking round at you!!

I'm sure your bloggy friend would have loved it.

Sarah

Helen said...

So pretty Chris! I love the paper pieced flowers!! It's such a great way to add fun and interest to flowers so easily!! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge! Stay safe! :)