Followers

Monday 28 October 2024

Bearing gifts




 Today started out great- lovely bright sunshine and a good breeze...now it's dull and wet! Wouldn't have been quite so annoyed if I hadn't pegged Marvin's 'furry' bed on the line to give it an airing, forgot it was there, so it got very wet. Now in washing machine and will have to tumble dry it or I will have one very disgruntled dog later. 

Had a visit from a kitchen designer this morning, head spinning even more now- there is just too much choice and too many things to decide on, not my idea of fun at all... and that's before I find out how much it's all going to cost.....(gulp).

I'm trying to get some Christmas cards made  as 25th December seems to be approaching very fast now, aiming for quicker makes but will probably go off on a tangent before long. I had already stamped and coloured this cute Whippersnapper polar bear so at least this was a quick one. I was trying for a snowy look to my background so added a little grey distress ink with a stencil brush- then had the idea of adding snowflakes by masking an area with a die cut snowflake and brushing the grey ink around it- the first one (top of card) worked- the second one did not!!! so I stuck a glittery die cut over it...doesn't look great but a lot better than in the photo, taken in poor light- the stuck on snowflake is white like the card, I think the glitter is reflecting the artificial light.. Will try the technique again but next time BEFORE I colour the image!


Thanks for visiting

Hope you have a good week.

Chris

x

Challenge entries:

allsorts #804

jinglebelles Christmas animals

MTTCC #98

hollyandivy #171

rudolphdays October Challenge

peaceonearth #74






7 comments:

Chrissy said...

Fabulous fun card, love this image and fabulous colouring Chris, the snowflakes looks good now, not to worry, same with the kitchen, keep cool, think in your head, what do you want in a kitchen and what are your colours, the rest will follow..good luck..

luv CHRISSYxx

brenda said...

Great use of colour Chris, really striking with all the white space and certainly cute and cuddly for Allsorts this week, many thanks for joining in.

Hope Marvin's bed dried out, can see that worries look, our girls are the same every time the hoovering's done and their beds go out for an airing.

B x

pinky said...

Sods law Chris lol. Weather here has been so warm but not complaining as saving on the oil! I love your gorgeous bear, so beautiful coloured. I need to get my ice skates on and get some made, so far behind this year!!

crafty-stamper said...

Love the gorgeous bear and great colouring, it looks fine too me only you know it didn't work as it should have.
Carol x

meg said...

A wonderful shaded background with your fabulous stars Chris, love your bear

Liz said...

Great card Chris, what a fabulous image!
Liz xx

Liz said...

Popping back to say thank you for sharing your card in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
Liz xx