Followers

Sunday 15 February 2015

...love ya...


Good evening! Hope you've had an enjoyable weekend, it's eerily quiet in my house at the moment, the granddaughters have gone home! It's funny how two such small people can fill a house ...with laughter, giggles, fun.... toys,crisp crumbs, cut up paper, discarded clothing (don't ask!) cake mix (yuck). We did have a fun weekend though, went to see the Paddington movie yesterday, followed by a trip to the shops (expensive) a visit to the library (a small oasis of peace after this as they both had their noses buried in the books they'd chosen), out to dinner, back home for bathtime! I let them sit up to watch a kids movie (v. boring) on tv. Thought they might nod off...they didn't...I did....bedtime stories, goodnight hugs! They were up bright and early this morning. Lovely. Just how I like to start Sunday. Not. We made pancakes for breakfast. They got out every toy in the house. We made cupcakes. Lots of them. They drew, coloured and cut out (again) Olivia made a notebook, Ruby cut up a zillion bits of paper.....lunch, then Mummy and Daddy arrived to collect them. I had a lie down in a darkened room.... not really shovelled up the mess, then made  this quick card! The fabulous Whipper Snapper piggy stamp is a really old one I've had for ages... it always makes me smile. The sentiment stamp is Paper Smooches and the border is hand doodled.
 All of a sudden I'm inexplicably tired so think I'll go put my feet up and enjoy a nice (large) glass of wine!
Thanks for visiting
Chris
x
Challenges
LIM #211 One layer -love
scrapbookerphd CAS use a stamp
justinspirational any animal

22 comments:

chrissy xx said...

Well you've just reminded what I will be doing next Saturday! We do have fun don't we Chris..on a good side they go home, but such a joy to have them..I for one was so busy when ours were small that sometimes time wasn't there to do all the nice things we should..
LOve your kissing pigs. A Brilliant CAS card.
Chrissyxx

Glittertastic said...

Fabulous card! I like the way you have made the image stand out with the white outline.

Sharon
x

Tracey T said...

What a weekend you've had! So lovely, though, that you get to have such quality time with your granddaughters. Neither you nor they will ever forget these days. Love your card with its fabby image. Enjoy your well-earned glass of wine - I've got one on the go too... can't decide whether to try the Raj Saga on C4 or the JK Rowling thing on the BBC, but I expect I'll nod off whichever one I choose! Hugs xx

Kathleen said...

Love ya too! Gorgeous card and image, can see why it is a favourite.
Mm make the most of it as our eldest, nearly 10 is getting a bit out of sleeping over with us, youngest is still up for it though.
Like the old saying, it's lovely to have them but lovely when they go home.

Kath x

BrendaB said...

I know what you mean, grandkids are a lot of fun, but also very tiring! Love your card with those adorable little piggies!

Jan said...

Aw this is fab xx Jan

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Chris this is so adorable, I love that image so much it made me smile, this is such a precious card I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Chrissy said...

A brilliant fun card Chris and I just love your kissing piggies..and a fun post too..can totally releate..Did we ever have energy like that?..must have I'm sure..mine now have their noses on an ipad or something plugged in their ears..but at least they are quiet..lol..

luv CHRISSYxx

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great time with your grandaughter's, thanks for sharing. This card is super, I love the fun image. Lainie xx

Anonymous said...

Fun card Chris great image.
Rose xx

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card and sweetness of an image...hope you had a great Valentine's day.

Thanks for the best wishes for my girl...tomorrow's the day.
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Sazzle Dazzle said...

What a fun image and so cute.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Desire Fourie said...

Lol, those snouts are definitely made for snogging. Love your design.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Unknown said...

Hi Chris!
I love your card! It made me smile!
Thanks for joining us over at Just Inspirational Challenge!
Hugs
Sandra (DT)

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Aww bless Chris....What a cute card....the little fat piggies made me smile too....
My grandchildren are the same....its been a long vist to granny's with mine Ben aged 22! in july...Molie 16 going 45...and Ruby 2....sometimes need of very long holiday...lol...Joolsx

Sid said...

Great image on your card !!

Unknown said...

This is really cute, and I like the way you played with the color. Thank you for joining ScrapbookerPhD's CAS challenge. - DT Faith

Chrissie said...

What fun elephants!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Penny said...

LOL! Your visits sound like ours used to, and I would be just as exhausted afterward! Love those grandgirls, and love when they go home again. Ours are pre-teens now, though, so much less trouble. So far...
Your card is so cute--love those fun piggies! Great CAS design, and I love the coloring, too! :^)
Wine sounds heavenly right now...and will again tomorrow, and tomorrow, and so on, and so on, and ...
Hope you are having a great week! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Creative Heart Designs said...

Such a fun, cute card. Love it!

My Card Site: Creative Heart Designs

Unknown said...

Haha, I know exactly how you feel, except mine's two and I get that everyday!! lol. Loving those gorgeous pigs, and coloured to perfection!! thanks for playing along at ScrapbookerPhD xx

Heather said...

What a fabulous fun card Chris, your kissing pigs are so adorable and great details!!
It's fabulous to have them and it's pretty good when they leave!!!

hugs
Heather xx