Followers

Thursday 5 February 2015

Tainted Love

 
'Tainted Love' is the title of the current challenge at The East Wind.  To me this was an invitation to make a 'darker' themed card! I used the gorgeous Pink rose and shimmer chiffon digital image which I was lucky enough to win in a previous challenge. I printed her twice, once on cardstock, once on vellum. I coloured the image with copics (love colouring these images!) then fussy cut around the flowers so that I could attach it over the vellum to give the effect of chiffon (hope this makes some sense!!!). I then placed the image over the skull (a fabulous Delicious Doodles image.)
 
 
 The red heart is a doily which I covered with versamark and  heat embossed red.. The background paper (Delicious Doodles again) is distressed and edged with black die cut lace (Sizzix Tim Holtz die, long neglected!) then faux stitched using a white gel pen. The banner is stamped, fussy cut and handwritten. The words to the song are firmly implanted in my headwhere they are spinning round and round interminably
....and now probably in yours too!
 Thanks for visiting
Chris
x
 
Challenges
theeastwind tainted love
creativeknockouts hearts aflutter
aurorawings valentines
cardmania add red
 

18 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Wow what a beautiful, striking card Chris, that image is gorgeous, the design and embellishments are stupendous, awesome make.
hugs
lorraine x

Doreen said...

What a fab image and gorgeous design.xxx

Lozzy said...

What a stunning card with your design..Hugs Lozzy x

Anonymous said...

Wow Chris your card is stunning love the theme.
Rose xx

Jackie Scott said...

Such an Awesome card with all the layers and techniques you have used! Gorgeous colouring and design!

DonnaMundinger said...

Excellent choice for out Tainted Love challenge at TEW. Gorgeous design and fab color scheme. Thanks so much for joining us there AND for sharing at Aurora Wings as well. xxD

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Chris....What a stunning card...just love the image....great colouring....and design...Joolsx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Chris....What a stunning card...just love the image....great colouring....and design...Joolsx

Crafting Vicky said...

wow this is stunning!!! Love the fabulous layers and details on this.

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at The East Wind. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.

Penny said...

Yup, the words are repeating over and over and over and over...
Sigh.
On the bright side, this card is fantabulous! I love everything about it, from the way cool image and papers to that gorgeous doily you created! Such a dramatic design, Chris! :^)
I am going to listen to some other music now, to see if I can get this song out of my head...
Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Penny

Julie said...

Oh Chris, what are you doing to me, I'm going to be singing Soft Cell all weekend now! Will forgive you anything though, your card is gorgeous! Xxx

TangledBlueRose said...

So gorgeous! I love the bright red doily and the imagery you used is awesome! Love the lace die cut on the edges, wonderful touch! Beautiful! And yes, the song is stuck in my brain again!
~kim

iluszka said...

Great card!!! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania :) Good luck!!! iluszka DT

Inkypinkydelights said...

Hi Chris, I am loving your recent makes. hanks for stopping by my Blog with such a lovely comment over the weekend. Judy x

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Thank you for joining in The East Wind's Challenge #24 'Tainted Love'.

WOW this is dramatic and wonderful! The bold bright red really stands out
From the black. The image is great and love the layout. A stand out card!

We have two blog challenges a month, as well as challenges on our Favebook group.... I hope you will join us for more of our future challenges, always TEW images to be won!!

<3 & Hugs
Lisa xxxxxx
The East Wind DT Member

Ericraft said...

You have made a fabulous card here, well done :)

Crafting Vicky said...

That is a really fabulous make!!! Just adore the doily you have used as well.

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at The East Wind. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.

maureenjscott said...

Absolutely stunning! Sorry I'm late with my comment! Congrats on DT pick! Thanks for sharing at The East Wind! Mo xxx