Followers

Wednesday 10 June 2015

Make it masculine!

Hello! Seems like ages since I've shared a card! Just back from a lovely relaxing holiday in Devon...feeling refreshed and rested after doing nothing but enjoy myself :) We were lucky with the weather too, mostly dry warm and sunny! I'd like to say I have a lovely tan, but it'd be a lie...however I do have a red and peeling nose (so very attractive!) to show for the day we sat looking over the bay enjoying a glass of wine (or two), chatting to friends and not realising quite how strong the sun was!
Well, back to business... my card is for this fortnight's challenge at Creative Moments - the optional theme is to make something for a special man in your life/ Father's Day. Well I have 5 brothers and numerous nephews/great nephews as well as a husband, son, son-in -law so I'm spoilt for choice really! I made this card with one of my brothers in mind, but it would be equally suitable for one of my great nephews! The image is from Stitchy Bear one of our lovely sponsors for this challenge and is available here.
I printed him twice, once onto white card and once onto the green/blue dp. I coloured his arms legs and spines with copics, cut the body from the dp and ran it through a spotty embossing folder before sticking it onto the main image with pinflair gel to add dimension and texture, he has a lovely rounded tum (a bit like mine after my lazy holiday!) The sentiment is a Visible Image stamp which I die cut with a stitched circle die and made into a little tag. I added one wobbly eye!
This fortnight'/s sponsors are:-                   Stitchy Bear Stamps
 
and
 

Thanks for visiting today, please check out my teamies lovely creations over at Creative Moments..and we'd love to see what you make of this challenge!
Chris
x

Challenges entered :
cuteasabutton - for the boys
throughthepurplehaze bright colours
lovetoscrap masculine
cagi paper piecing
craftingwhenwecan paper piecing


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Chris I love the design and paper piecing the focal image.
Rose x

Pamellia said...

This is so much fun Chris!! I couldn't help but smile at your image, and I love the pattern you added to him! Great colours, a dose of bright and cheery to start my day! hugs :)

aussie aNNie said...

Wow Chris, those dots really poke off the page, fabulous card...
.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Chrissy said...

He made me smile too Chris..he is fabulous and I love spots and his googly eye and colouring..awesome.

luv CHRISSYxx

Carla's Cards said...

Great card! I love the image and the coloring! Thanks for sharing at Cute as a Button.

Penny said...

Well, I should hope you have a bigger tummy after vacation. Otherwise, what's the point?
Chris, this is sooo adorable! Absolutely love the fun image and how you did his body--fabulous!!!! Great palette and papers, and wonderful die cuts! The googly eye is the perfect finishing touch! :^)
Hugs, Penny

N-Eva said...


Very cute and beautiful card, love the colours and the sweet image! ! Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us a Come And Get It challenge.Neva

Barb said...

Very charming card, lovely bright colors. Thanks for sharing with us at the Come And Get It Challenge. BArb

chrissy xx said...

He! he! What a super green chap he is!
FABulous colouring Chris. LOve your design and this so much fun sentiment.
Chrissyxx

Poppet said...

What a great idea to emboss the DP Chris. It makes a wonderful scaly skin for your jolly dragon.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenge. :-) xx

JoanieMc said...

Yes, your FUN card did make me smile. The image is so cute. Love the design and colors used.

Thanks for joining Through the Purple Haze Challenge.

Joanie DT

Heather said...

AWww . . . he's so cute! And I LOVE that dp you used for him; it really looks like scales. Great color combo all around. Thanks for playing with LTSCB

ike said...

Lovely colour choice and great effect on that Dino :-) Sorry about the Nose !!!! :-)
Thank you for making such a fabulous project using our images.
It is a pleasure to sponsor you and I hope you have enjoyed working with our images.

Best wishes,

Ike
DT for StitchyBear Digi Outlet

Francesca Lopez said...

Such a cool card!! Thank you for playing along at Cute As A Button Stamps, “For The Boys Challenge”. We hope to see you back again soon! Francesca, Owner, CuteAsAButton

Lisa J said...

Excellent Card and Just Perfect for our Bright Colours Challenge. Thanks for joining us and hope to see you again! Lisa DT Through The Purple Haze Challenges