Followers

Saturday 30 May 2015

For a special man

Good morning, time for a new challenge at Sweet Stampin', and this week the theme is 'Father's Day or special man'. I chose to make a card for my husband as it's his birthday next week. I wanted a Great Dane image as he is besotted by our lovely Mathilda....the feeling is mutual, she is equally besotted with him! There are not a lot of images around but I finally found one I really liked by Just Inklined available here. The only problem was that the drawing had Harlequin markings and Mathilda is a Blue so I printed it in fadeout so that I could colour over the markings, I definitely need more practice with my shading but I'm not too unhappy with the result, although, as you can see from the photo below the real Mathilda is far more gorgeous! The gift bag is paperpieced  with a tiny LOTV tag added. The laser cut wooden heart is from Hobbycutz and is triple embossed with a dark red embossing powder.
 
 
 
Thanks so much for visiting today, I hope you'll pop over to the challenge blog to see the lovely creations that the rest of Team Jacky have made to inspire you this week, then why not make something lovely for the special man in your life and add to the linky for us all to enjoy...you could be the lucky winner of a much coveted Sweet Stampin' Goody Bag...yay!!
enjoy the weekend
Chris
x

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow a gorgeous card Chris fabulous image and great colouring.
Rose x

aussie aNNie said...

Chris what a great resemblance love this image it's awesomely created and coloured....have a lovely weekend.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}xx

Doreen said...

Love the fab image,a gorgeous card.xxx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

The photo of Mathilda is fabulous, Chris, I can see why he's besotted by her.

The shading is beautiful and I adore the embossed heart, it adds that little extra to the gorgeous card.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Julie said...

Oh my goodness, get you becoming all technical using "fade out", all I know is flip lol! Mathilda looks fantastic, both in her Fadeout-Copic finest and in real life. A brilliant card! xxx

Sue said...

Oh Chris I did giggle when I saw your dog's photo LOL it reminded me of when I was bringing my son home from school and as usual he wasn't looking where he was going and this gorgeous great dane came up with it's owner and my son turned round quickly and came face to face with it and the dog took his tongue right up his face LOL!!! such a wonderful breed they are gentle giants...your card is ace too LOL huggles Sue xxx

chrissy xx said...

Oh My! This is so darn sweet! How Wonderful that you found this image Chris..
I simply LOve your colouring and design..Great stitching too.
Chrissyxx
Hasn't she grown into a classy lady...LOve this photo. x

Kathleen said...

Well you couldn't have found a better image for your Hubby, looks like it could be a photo of your own dog. Bet he loves it. Brilliant card.

Kath x

Chrissy said...

What a fabulous card Chris and your shading is peferct.. YOUR Matilda is just gorgeous..

luv CHRISSYxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh Chris, this is fabulous! What a brilliant stamp and so clever to print it in a lighter tone. Gorgeous card. I bet your hubby will be stoked with this one. A gorgeous hat tip to your beautiful doggy. Big hugs, Wends x

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Chris this is absolutely fantastic what a brilliant image and card for your hubby, I love that picture of Mathilda she looks so beautiful, when I was younger I always wanted a Great Dane, superb creation.
hugs
lorraine x

Penny said...

Love this, Chris! Really fabulous coloring of your adorable image! (And your dog is beautiful!!!) Love your palette with the pops of red; love your stitching, your papers, and your fun design! I would imagine your hubby will love this, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Such a gorgeous card - I love the beautiful heart embellishment! So sorry I haven't stopped by for a while.
Rebecca.
x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Chris I just wanted to pop over and thank you for your lovely comments on my blog, it is much appreciated, it also gives me another chance to see this beautiful card and the real life doggy.
hugs
lorraine x