Followers

Wednesday 13 May 2015

An awesome bookworm!

 
Helloooo, it seems like ages since I've shared a card, I've been looking after my Mum, who needs caring for 24/7 as my brothers and sister, who are her main carers were away on holiday....it's hard work and I'm exhausted, but it's so rewarding to spend time on my own with my Mum, she's such a special lady and despite her pain and disabilities she stays positive and cheerful, she's also sharp as a knife and nothing gets past her!
I did so miss my crafting though, so it's wonderful to be back home with time to play!
Ok, now the card.... there's a new challenge starting today at Creative Moments, the optional theme is 'Teentastic' or, as always,  Anything Goes! We're sponsored this fortnight by Robyn's Fetish and were given some  images to play with, I chose to use this cute Bookworm image as I thought it perfect for my lovely nephew, Liam who will be 15 this month. He's an extremely clever young man, and he loves his books!
I made a tent fold card from green cardstock, covered it with a scrap of striped dp. The top border is punched, embossed and wrapped with Bakers twine. I made a smaller 'card' from 2 small pieces of red cardstock, which are hinged together using punched circles, the image -coloured with copics - on the front, which opens to reveal his gift!
The flap is kept closed with a tiny peg which I coloured red with a copic marker. The sentiment is a Paper Smooches stamp. Phew, another of my 'Male May' birthdays catered for!

Thanks for visiting today, apologies if I've been a bit lax on my comments over the past 2 weeks!
 I hope you'll have the time to pop over to Creative Moments to enjoy the inspiration from my teamies, we'd love to have you join us this fortnight!
Chris
x

Challenges entered:
lilpatchofcraftyfriends : atg
robynsfetish lots of layers
brownsugar layers
sisteract atg

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Chris love the style and design.
Rose xx

Pat K said...

Wonderful card for your nephew Chris. Again great colour choices and design....I'm sure he will love it. hugs, Pat K x

chrissy xx said...

FABulous design Chris.
I LOve your colours and this sweet image.
Chrissyxx

Chrissy said...

Oh! your little bookworm is just too cute Chris..fabulous colouring and I love the card design and fancy opening and the papers are lovely bold and bright..fabulous card.

luv CHRISSYxx

coldwaters2 said...

What a fabulous card Chris love that it has a secret opening for a gift, smashing image and such wonderful vibrant colours,
hugs
lorraine x

Kathleen said...

Another brilliant card and stunning colouring, great image and love your layout.

Kath

Penny said...

I imagine you are exhausted from 24-hour care for your mom, but I am sure it was rewarding for you both! :^)
This card is so darling, Chris! Great design for a guy, love the bright colors & paper! Such a cute image--love the coloring, embossing, and fab design details! Very clever! :^)
Hugs, Penny

C'est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC said...

cute interactive card! Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Spread the word! Our challenge is always anything goes! Good luck!

La-Vie B. – Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog DT
Follow me at C’est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC

cass said...

Cute card. Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week for our "Layers" challenge

JJ said...

Gorgeous card, love the opening at the front. Thank you for joining us over at http://lilpatchofcraftyfriends.blogspot.co.uk/ challenge 9, good luck.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie j xxx(DT LPoCF)
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Bad Kitty said...

Beautiful card