Followers

Saturday 2 May 2015

Inspired by...

...a book or film is the theme for this week's challenge at Sweet Stampin'. I took absolutely ages to decide what to make for this....there is literally no end to the choices!!! I eventually came up with this...inspired by 'Memoirs of a Geisha' by Arthur Golden... a wonderful read. There is also a film, same title, based on this novel, but in my opinion the book is way better! I used a beautiful digi stamp from A Day for Daisies which I coloured with copics, then masked to lightly distress ink the background which was then stamped with a very old foam backed stamp with Chinese script on. The flowers are made using a Memory Box die and coloured to match the image.
We'd love to have you join us this challenge, so please click here to visit Sweet Stampin' to add your beautiful creations (don't forget to include some stamping) and to feast your eyes on the fabulous inspiration from Team Jacky! The prize for this week's lucky winner is a Sweet Stampin' Goody bag!
Thanks for visiting, have a great weekend!
Chris
x

Challenges entered:
fairytale use a stamp never or rarely used (the script)
alohafriday girly
simplycreatetoo pretty woman
CRAFT add a charm/use metal
addictedtostamps make your mark
Whimsy Stamps colour an image

25 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Chris this is totally magical and so incredibly beautiful, that image is stunning and what amazing colours/colouring, this brought me so much joy when I set eyes on it, spectacular. Have a lovely weekend.
hugs
lorraine x

Julie said...

Goodness Chris, you are so talented, I just love your card in its entirety! I'm not surprised you found it hard to choose with the amount of books that have been through your hands over the years! Have a lovely weekend! X

aussie aNNie said...

Chris this is a delightful card and gorgeous image displayed so sweetly...gorgeous colours.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Tracey T said...

What beautiful colours, perfect for a Japanese themed card. Have a fabulous weekend. Hugs xx

sweet art designs said...

Very beautiful. Love the addition of the cherry blossoms. Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too - Myrna DT

Anonymous said...

Stunning card Chris I love the image and design, a beautiful creation. I read the book too and enjoyed it very much.
Rose xx

chrissy xx said...

Your colours are Stunning Chris. They really do 'pop' A GOrgeous image
and I LOve all your embellishments.
Chrissyxx

Chrissy said...

So beautiful Chris..your colouring is just gorgeous and I love the flowers...stunning.

luv CHRISSYxx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Gorgeous blossoms! Thanks for playing with us at ATSM!

Kathleen said...

Totally and utterly fabulous colouring, great layout and love the flowers.

Kath x

Penny said...

Really gorgeous! Love the bg stamping & color! Beautiful image, wonderful coloring, love those fab flowers you created! Such a wonderful palette--and really love those 'flies! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Leanne said...

Hi Chris! What a beautiful card you created! I love the image, the colors and the background. Wowee this is gorgeous and definitely girly!! Mahalo for joining our challenge at Kitty Bee Designs Aloha Friday challenge! Good luck!

Rosmarie said...

Gorgeous image! Love the coloring and embellishments.
Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too.
Rosi x

sandie said...

gorgeous colouring and love this deep pink. Thanks for joining ATSM

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fantastically chic and glamorous and beautifully coloured.
I'm loving how you picked out the bright pink flowers along the edge.
Thanks for sharing and playing along at ATSM challenge

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Chris this is really gorgeous and so vibrant. The flower arrangement is beautiful and oh so scrumptious.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow Chris, I've been drooling over this gorgeous card on the DT blog! I LOVE what you've done with this card. The flowers are stunning and your colouring is just perfect. Beautiful, beautiful card. Hugs, Wends x

Doreen said...

oooh this is simply stunning.xxx

Deborah Frings said...

Oh wow! I love the image, your colouring is just fab. and those blossoms are really beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

So beautiful, those flowers look stunning!
Rebecca.
x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

This is a stunning card, Chris, I do love it!

Love and hugs
Maarit

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Chris I just had to pop over and thank you so much for the wonderful comments that you leave for me I really appreciate them, mind you I also wanted another look at the stunning card.
hugs
lorraine x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

O my...What a gorgeous card...Stunning image so beautifully coloured....Joolsx

Tanvi said...

Chris this is such a gorgeous card! Awesome coloring!

Irish Cherokee said...

Fantastic Chris. I have always been a fan of oriental art. You hit this one squarely on the button. The colors and coloring could n ot be more perfect. Bravo!

Hugs and Blessings
Jim