Followers

Tuesday 19 May 2015

A little therapy...

I've had a little time to play since I've been back from looking after Mum, I'm finding it difficult to concentrate on anything for long- think I'm still in 'Mum minding' mode - so I thought a bit of colouring therapy might help me relax - it did! I coloured up this beautiful Aurora Wings image using my copics, with pencils for added shading on her hair and the flowers. I used a sparkly gel pen on her jewellery, a small few gems added for extra sparkle. The black card base is frantaged around the edges and covered with some nylon mesh (a recycled fruit bag!) The flowers are mainly hand made, either stamped or die cut apart from the tall sprigs of purple flowers, I added a little tag with a stamped sentiment to finish. I'm now much more chilled, off to enjoy a glass of wine!( also very therapeutic!:)

Thanks for visiting, have a lovely evening.
Chris
x

Challenges:

cheerfulstamppad - fairies
stampandcreate - May flowers
corrosivechallenges - magical
disdigidesigns - load on the flowers
crafterscafeblog feminine
craftingbydesigns flowers
abc-challenge j is for jewels
sugarandbetty atg
diecuttindivas flowers

12 comments:

Kathleen said...

Totally gorgeous Chris and love the flowers.

Kath x

Wendy said...

So gorgeous Chris, beautiful colouring and love those flowers and colours.
Wendy xx

chrissy xx said...

WoW! Your colours are amazing Chris..
FABulous flowers and I LOve your recycled fruit bag!
Chrissyxx

Sharon said...

So pleased you were able to relax and do some colouring Chris - it is certainly relaxing. Just think how relaxed you would have been if you had had your glass of wine whilst colouring!!!
Beautiful colouring on a beautiful image.
Hugs Sharon. x

Chrissy said...

Stunning Chris...love the mesh, I never throw that stuff away and your image and colouring are superb..beautiful card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Anonymous said...

Wow Chris this is stunning! I love the image and design, your colouring is superb. Fantastic.
Rose xx

coldwaters2 said...

Incredibly beautiful creation Chris you have coloured that image to perfection I love, love the deep colour tones it looks mysterious and magical, I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Penny said...

Hope that glass of vino was good! ;^)
You relaxed in the best possible way--creating a gorgeous card! Love the image and your beautiful coloring! Fab design, Chris, and really love the nylon mesh--waaaay cool! Such a pretty palette, love all your design details! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Patty Sue 2 said...

I do hope your mom will soon be better. I love your coloring it is lovely and this image is so pretty. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge! Good luck and please join us again.

Vee Cassidy said...

A beautiful creation and fab colouring. Thanks for sharing with us at The Cheerful Stamp Pad and hope to see you agaon. Vee xx DT

CA Scrapper said...

Wow, that is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

Leslie

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

I adore fairies! Thank you so much for joining us with the Sugar and Betty challenge! Hope you play along again with us tomorrow. Hugs
Tammy Louise