Followers

Friday 8 February 2019

Daffodils


Good morning, it's almost the weekend and time for a new challenge at Crafty Catz, asa always we have an optional theme for our Anything Goes Challenge, this week it's Jac's turn to host and she chose the lovely theme of 'hearts and flowers'. Our fabulous sponsor this time is SheepSki Designs

who provided the DT with some beautiful digis to play with.

The image I chose is Jo's Daffodils, I've always loved daffodils, to me they're the epitome of spring, so bright and beautiful. I used to buy them every week for my lovely Mum whilst they were in season. She used to love watching them open out from tight buds to a burst of sunshine colours, a touch of springtime to brighten her day (she was bedridden for a long time).
 I coloured the image with copics, distressed the edges and added a bit of stencilling.
As always there's some fabulous inspiration from the rest of the DT to be enjoyed HERE, and of course we'd love to have you play along, remember you don't have to use the theme...it's always anything goes at Crafty Catz.
Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous weekend
Chris
x
                                                                 
 Challenges entered:



20 comments:

Janette said...

Morning Chris, I love this image it's so very 'spring time' isn't it,gorgeous card as always, I actually bought a bunch yesterday in the hope this weather will soon go away...have a lovely day.xx

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the beautiful flowers!! They so remind me of spring, too!! I love the layers and background stenciling!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

meg said...

love the colours you used for the daffodils, the vibrant centres look so real, great layout and use of the die cut

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Chris, I love daffodils too.I love your background here with the stringy heart and layers..gorgeous..have a great weekend.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Chris,
being born in Wales I too love daffs.
Your card is excellently created and the coluring of those daffs looks very stunning.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous background and a really lovely image, love the colouring of the flowers, lovely shades of orange and yellow.
Have a lovely weekend.

Kath x

mixamatoasties said...

Beautiful card. I think I've got that heart die. Why did I not think about using that recently *rolls eyes*

aussie aNNie said...

A very beautiful card and love the chosen image Chris, beautifully coloured and the stencilling is an additional beauty. xx

Lisa Lynn said...

Chris this is beautiful. Love the colors.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful ard Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Pat said...

Gorgeous card Chris, lovely image coloured beautifully, the card design is super and I love that heart.

Pat xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Chris love the Heart and wonderful colour's have a lovely week end
Dianne xx :)

tilly said...

A BEAUTIFUL CARD WITH THE DAFFS AND YOUR HEART, (sorry lol) have a lovely weekend xx

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card love the beautifully coloured image and great layout.Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too
Carol DT x

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Chris I love those papers and the image can't wait for all the bulbs to flower and the feel of Spring to appear, so cold and wet at the moment, I feel the need to get onto the garden, lol.
hugs
lorraine x

Tangii said...

I just love daffodils! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks, hope to see you again!

Mrs A. said...

Daffodils and Tulips are my favourite bulbs in the garden. Love the combination of daffodils and the heart here on this card. Hugs Mrs A.

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card Chris....I too love Daffodils as I know spring will be on its way soon...Joolsx

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

Brilliant combination of mixed media! Thank you so much for participating with us at Addicted to Stamps & More Challenge.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow, what beautiful ink work Chris! This is so pretty! Love your colouring on the daffodils and all the sweet inky treats. So beautifully done. The stitches are a treat too! LOVE this hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo