Followers

Saturday 22 August 2020

A little doodling...


Good morning, another week gone- we're heading towards autumn really quickly now, kids will be returning to school in just over a week and the days are already getting noticeably shorter. I'm hoping to get a few more 'garden' days in before the summer ends- nothing like a good read sitting outside in the fresh air! It's great now that the libraries have reopened and I don't have to worry about running out of books!
This week the challenge theme at Sweet Stampin' is 'doodling'- now I love a bit of doodling so thought I'd join in with Team Wends and share this card. I succumbed to temptation and bought this cute stamp by Aall &Create ( a couple of others and some stencils leaped into my basket when I wasn't looking, you know how it happens). Anyway I created the background using my gelli plate, distress inks and one of the stencils. The images are coloured with copics and fussy cut (just love the bunnies!) I stuck them on the background and stamped the sentiment- it looked a bit bare so I doodled the border with a black fineline pen. 
AS always the Sweeties have come up with some wonderful ideas (even the doodle-phobic ones!) so do hop over and take a peek. We'd love to see your doodles too- just remember to stamp something as well.
Thanks for visiting,
have a good weekend
Chris
x

Challenge entries:
classicdesign #8
audsentiments #258
craftycreations #412
ellibelle - August Challenge (bunnies, border, blue)
lilredwagon #563
simonsaysstamp oh so cute

20 comments:

Janette said...

Great post Chris, I agree that we all hope for a few more garden days before the dark nights grab us. Your card is adorable, love your background and that fun image, she kinda looks like I feel, haha...Have a lovely day, so far its a sunny one.xx

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning make and most gorgeous stamp and colour combo. x
Enjoy your weekend

mixamatoasties said...

Stunning. Sorry for tempting you..... (not really)
Have a great weekend x

Pat said...

Great card Chris, love the background stencil and colours, cute image and super doodling. It’s absolutely lashing down rain here at the moment so definitely no reading outside today and like you I don’t like the way the nights are drawing in so quickly. Enjoy your weekend.

Pat xx

Pat K said...

I love everything about this card Chris. Great doodling and the background colours and pattern are fabulous.xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

Fabulous make Chris! They really are a cute bunch! The doodling looks great!

tilly said...

Loving your background and a super card, I sat out most of Friday which was windy but warm and mostly sunny, back door open all today as I made mutton stew, apple tarte tatan, and 3 jars of plum jam,.... maybe a G&T tonight lol xx

meg said...

Love your background colours and stencilled design against the gorgeous doodled frame and the fun images

Jenny L said...

Hi Chris,
what a fantastic card and that background you have created is gorgeous.Love the cutie images and as always they are coloured perfectly too.
My your doodling is superb abd finishes off the card perfectly.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Kathleen said...

A really super background in great colours and a lovely fun image, great doodling too.

Kath x

Deezy's Handmade Cards said...

What a fun card with a lovely sentiment! Perfect for our challenge at Aud Sentiments! Thank you for sharing over at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog, we hope you will join us next time again! Bye Deezy DT

pinky said...

I am loving this quirky card and the gorgeous border you have created Chris. I'm with you, need a few more weeks in the garden before the dark nights appear!!

Doni High said...

Great stenciled background....but, I was blown away by your doodled border. Awesome! Thanks for sharing with us at Little Red Wagon this week. :)

sallysbitz2 said...

Your card is fab. Love the doodling, very effective x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Zoechaos said...

This is a lovely card with terrific doodling, then I read the sentiment that cracked me up brilliant. x

Chrissy said...

WoW, what a great fun card Chris and I LOVE your doodling, fabulous background and such a quirky image..awesome card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Mrs A. said...

I do like your doodle border.finishes the card perfectly.didn’t know that the libraries had reopened so that is good to know. Hugs Mrs A.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Just LOVE what you did for this challenge Chris, I had such a fun idea, but no time to implement it, sigh, such is life right now. So lovely to have you join in this week. LOVE what you did with that cute image. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Ellibelle said...

Such a fun and creative card and beautifully done!
Thanks so much for joining in and sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellibelle's Corner

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is a sweet card- love your darling image and your doodling is wonderful! And, crazy how other things just showed up in your cart : ) LOL