Followers

Sunday 3 July 2022

Think of a number...


 I'm a little late with my card for this fortnight's challenge at Sweet Stampin' , I had every intention of posting yesterday after I got back from my granddaughters' dance show but , I cannot tell a lie,  the tennis lured me away... 

The challenge theme this fortnight is 'use numbers' this is the card IO made for my friend's youngest grandson. The stamp is from Uniko, I stamped and embossed it twice , once on dark blue card and once on pale blue, I cut out all of the balloons from the pale blue one (easy because of the embossing) and paper-pieced them onto the dark blue version, which I matted onto silver crackled card. The numbers were die cut from the same silver card. I mounted the panel onto a larger panel of the same dark blue card, stamped and embossed the sentiment to finish.

Please visit the Challenge Blog and check out the fabulous creations from the rest of my team, we hope you're inspired to join us - just remember to stamp something as well as adding a number!

The dance show was great btw, it was postponed from Christmas because of you-know-what, it's just a small dance school and the shows are very relaxed and fun with all of the pupils from tiny tots in their cute tutus to mature lady tap dancers enjoying taking part. My granddaughters, aged 15 and 12 are learning Street dance, there are 7 girls in their group and they performed 7 different dances- of course they were brilliant!! 

Thanks for visiting...must go -the tennis is calling!

Chris

x


Challenge entries:

paperfunday #42



14 comments:

meg said...

Your dance show sounds like great fun Chris, brilliant colour combo for your celebratory stamped image

Janette said...

The show sounds perfectly fun, as it should be Chris, lovely to see your girls in it.
A gorgeous card for a friends Grandson.xx

Pat said...

Beautiful 21st card Chris, love the balloons. No 4 granddaughter Emma, is really into dancing too, she is 17 now and still loves it, she is in Sheffield today competing in a dance competition.

Pat xx

pinky said...

Love your balloon card Chris, perfect for that age group. The dancing sounds awesome. We have a group of kids here that do that and they are always amazing to watch!

aussie aNNie said...

A wonderful colourful 21st card,love your layout ♥

telko said...

your article amazing

ittelkom jakarta

SarahR said...

HI Chris, I love this card! It's just brilliant, the balloons are fab and your colour combo is stunning. I also wish I was 21 again - tho on reflection maybe 30 (21 was stressful!).

Glad to hear your grand-daughters show went well, it's lovely when they properly enjoy themselves doing their hobbies / interests isn't it! I've not been allowed to stop and listen to the Orchestra rehearsing yet, got to wait until TTT's first public performance which will be in August!

Sarah

Sue said...

The show sounds really fab Chris and love your card..I haven't done my blog yet I'm wayyyyyyyyyyy behind lol hugs xx

Liz said...

Super card Chris, I love your colour choice. Sounds like the dance show was lots of fun. xx

Bernadet said...

This looks great Chris.
A perfect start for a 21 year old.
I think you must have enjoyed your granddaughter's dance performance.

Tracey T said...

Love the combination of the silver card with the blue, Chris. First time in ages that I've been able to properly follow the tennis - the school hols started here on Monday and the kitchen is being done this week, so there isn't really much else I can do. Well, that's my excuse, anyway! xx

Chrissy said...

So classy and elegant Chris, gorgeous card, I love it..
I remember the kids dancing and doing their thing, I did too and can still remember that..

luv CHRISSYxx

chrissy xx said...

Yikes! Seem to have been missing this week Chris.
LOve your design. FABulous card for a 21st.
I remember dance shows with Freya. Always brought a lump to my throat.
Chrissyxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Such a cool card for our numbers challenge. Love the striking silver layers and the lettering in silver looks fabulous. A wonderful 21st card. I need to start creating one now for my big boy, (my sister's boy) who turns 21 in September, the time is flying by so fast! I'm inspired by your lovely 21st card! Hugs, Wends xoxo