Followers

Thursday 24 November 2022

Stamped cards


Good morning, after looking through my stash of Christmas card I decided it was time to make some simple stamped cards (no time-consuming colouring!) to build up their numbers. Yes, I thought, CAS, monochromatic and as few stamps as possible- try to make several of the same design- not easy for me- I have a low boredom threshold and go off at a tangent. So out came my Lavinia stamps, various types and shades of blue ink pads...and off I go. It started well- die cut a square of whit stamping card with a stitched edge die sponged ink through a mask to make the circle in the middle, stamped the words over it, used the Berry wreath stamp set and mini holly leaf stamp to create the wreath, stamped the bunnies...and looked in horror at the large dark inky fingerprint I'd left on the right- hand side of my card!!! Said some unladylike words. Tried to remove/disguise it but it just looked worse, so I chopped it off, manoeuvring the die to keep a stitched edge. I then inked and stamped the border panel, using the same inks and the holly stamp. Decided that it looked a bit flat so added white Liquid Pearls to the holly berries and a teal-coloured glitter to some of the other berries. Stamped the sentiment. Finished. Not quick!! 

I had another try...


much quicker!!!

Thanks for visiting.

Chris

x


Challenge entries:

thesisterhoodofcrafters Christmas or winter

crittercrazy #68

do-allkreatives #71

sweetstampers #74

welovestamping.november Challenge

abcchristmas W- White space


 

18 comments:

brenda said...

We've all done the same Chris but nicely recovered with the border panel, both really pretty.

B x

tilly said...

a beautiful mono card, you did well to get rid of the finger mark lol xx

Aunty Sue said...

2 beautiful cards and as for inky fingers yes i know that too well do many gone in bin. Think if i had to pick it would be 2nd love the white space

meg said...

Two beauties Chris,you rescued the first card beautifully,love the simplicity of the second

Sue said...

Gorgeous cards Chris and great that you rescued the first one..love the different shades of blue you have used really pretty cards hugs xx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful stamps and colours Chris and I love the designs, those rabbits are gorgeous,as for the finger print, oh, I have been there and used the same choice words..so annoying..

Luv CHRISSYxx

pinky said...

Some cards are just worth that extra bit of work Chris but both cards are stunning!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You saved your first card so well! No one would have known about your fingerprint if you hadn’t said it. Great recovery! Love the sweet monochromatic scenes and the Lavinia stamps you used. Adorable.
Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Both so beautiful Chris! I am really loving your Lavinia creations. Utterly enchanting! Hugs, Wends xoxo

brenda said...

Looks like I missed the link yesterday Chris, so popped back to thank you for sharing with us at We Love Stamping.

B x

Janette said...

How I missed this post I just don't know. Chris these are stunning, love both, beautiful cards. As for inky fingers and major 'cock-ups' we have all been there haha.xxx

Bernadet said...

They are both awesome Chris!!

Linby said...

This is so beautiful, great ink work.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You did make me laugh at your trials with your first card, it still ended up much better and beautiful that mine would have been, your second is fabulously CAS, I love it. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

Anke said...

WOW I love your cards, so beautiful ...

Inkyfingers said...

What a great save, Chris - I think it looks beautiful and the second one is gorgeous too!
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.

Dreja said...

Ein wunderschönes Werk. Gefällt mir sehr gut.
Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers.
LG Dreja

Darlene said...

WOW! These are just GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS