Followers

Tuesday 14 February 2023

Out of the box...


 Good afternoon, here's a rarity- a non DT card from me! I never seem to get around to sharing anything that isn't a DT make these days, no reason really apart from too long spent reading...it's a hard life being retired!! :)

There are many stamps and digis that I just want to colour- I find it relaxing and so enjoyable. They get coloured and put away in a box,  many never get made into cards although I always intend to. This lovely mermaid ( Ching- Chou Kuik- Klimt style mermaid) was in the box, sad and neglected. I die cut an aperture from the front of a black card blank and embossed what was left, threaded some beads onto a wire and tied it round the left hand side, popped the image in place then, using a gold gel pen, drew a line around the frame. Finished- a 'just because' card to send to a friend or use as a notelet.

Now for the rest of the images in the box....

Thanks for stopping by

Chris

Challenge entries

CCK- February Challenge

polkadoodle #6

TFATU #Feb. Challenge

classicdesign #2



16 comments:

meg said...

She's gorgeous Chris and the colours you chose pop against the black

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous image and beautifully coloured -love the hair and the beads.I go to bed early every night to read
Carol x

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

Chris: It's hard for to tell this is a mermaid but I know the image's artist majority of work is mythical/magical creatures. Your colors and layout design are very dramatic and attention-getting! Very bold! Thanks for sharing at TFATU! --Becca/owner

brenda said...

Sounds good to me Chris, my unread book pile mounts because the same happens with cards, I need to sort my priorities me thinks.

She's a very sassy image and as always such perfect colouring.

B x

chrissy xx said...

A GORgeous image Chris and I LOve your colours.
These beads are so so pretty too.
Chrissyxx
As long as your doing things you Love...Think we all have earned it!

Janette said...

She is far to gorgeous to be in a box Chris, you were so right to use her at last, a beautiful card. I think we are all guilty of this though, I have lots left to wait in a box or folder until I descover them again.xx

Lisa Bird said...

Beautiful card and colouring.
Thank you for joining us at Ching-Chou Kuik Monthly Blog Challenge
Best Wishes Lisa DT
craftycard-designs.co.uk

brenda said...

Me again Chris, I sent you a mail but as several I've sent this week seem to have ended up in spam folders thought best mention just in case.

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely stunning! Love that awesome background and that image is a wow factor... xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

This is absolutely gorgeous and I love your eye for detail, right down to the beautiful threaded beads. Love this. Michelle x

pinky said...

If I could colour like you Chris I would be doing the same. I love to colour but just no good at it lol. The shading on this image is just amazing!

Lisa said...

Fabulous image and super gorgeous card! I love the string of beads.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Stunning card Chris! I am guilty of having a great many stamps I don't play with, because I'm doing DT creations. Encouraging to see this post. Beautiful job and lovely texture too. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Wendy said...

What a beautiful mermaid! I’m guilty of putting colored images in a box as well. I always intend on turning them into cards, but then I see how many there are and I put them back in the box for another day. LOL You turned her into an amazing card! Thank you for sharing and playing along with Polkadoodles ~Wendy

Pamela Duncan said...

I share your comment - it's hard to find time to post outside of DT card. But I'm glad you took the time to do that. Lovely card for sure! Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles Crafting. Pam, DT

ClaireB said...

Very sassy mermaid Chris, fabulous colouring too. Thanks for joining us at the Fairy and Unicorn challenge this month Claire DT
BTW totally agree with what you said in your first paragraph lol!