Followers

Saturday 4 February 2023

Star-gazing...


 Good morning, I have two cards to share today- the first is for this fortnight's challenge at 
the theme is LOVE , you can interpret this however you wish, it doesn't have to be a Valentines card- which is good for me as I don't really make them! 

I made this card for my daughter's anniversary back in December- I made a similar one for my son's anniversary too- also in December! So kind and thoughtful of them both to get married in the same month at the busiest most expensive time of the year- bless them!! At least the weddings were 11 years apart and they couldn't have been more different- my daughter and SIL were married in Mauritius, blue skies , beach and hot sunshine. My son and daughter-in law chose Canterbury, here in the UK, freezing cold, a heavy frost and bright blue skies.  I have treasured memories of both wonderful days!

The cards were quick and easy to make. I die cut a heart shape from the centre of a piece of cardstock to use as a stencil, stamped and masked the rabbits ( so sweet, Anita Jeram, Colarado Crafts) in the centre of a die cut square. placed the cardstock with the heart aperture over the top and blended Distress inks through it, removed stencil and mask, coloured the rabbits and some grass. I stamped a few little stars from the same stamp set and embossed them with with white EP.  

There's more inspiration from the Sweeties over at the Challenge Blog, hop over and take a look! Then we'd LOVE to see your take on the theme so please do join in if you can. 

I'll be back later with my second card

Chris

x

Challenge entries:

Critter Crazy #71

craftyfriends #164

creativecrafters #60

craftrocket #100

kraftychicks #649

Double D #Hearts Challenge

shoppingourstash #489

mmmchallenge #193

21 comments:

brenda said...

What a super design Chris, a unique way to incorporate the cute bunnies and the love theme.

B x

meg said...

A magical Anniversary card Chris,you created a beautiful heart shaped twilight scene

chrissy xx said...

Oh My! This is definitely sweetness overload Chris.
A FABulous design and an Awhh image.
Chrissyxx

Beebeebabs said...

Wow absolutely beautiful thanks for sharing!!!

Pat said...

Fabulous card Chris, the design is beautiful and I love those colours, I'm sure your daughter was delighted with the card.

Pat xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great anniversary card love the cute bunnies and stencilled heart
Carol x

Janette said...

I so love this card Chris, aww that image is just so cute and of course the way you used the inks in the heart is just beautiful.xx

Lisa said...

I love the masked off heart and that fabulous image looking up at the stars.

creationsnz said...

SUPER sweet card, I love it. Great stencilling and colouring- go you! CarolG

Mrs A. said...

These are just the most cutest bunnies ever! Love this card. Hugs Mrs A.

Diane Louise J said...

A very beautiful anniversary card, loving how the image has been stamped in a heart shape, a lovely touch... Thanks for joining the 'Love/Romance' challenge at Crafty Friends this month... Good luck and we hope you will join us again next time.
Diane Louise (DT) xx

Anke said...

WOW I love your card with the cute bunnies, so beautiful ...

Diane said...

Super adorably CUTE and sweet, I LOVE it!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Stencil Fun}

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Just perfect. It says it all really and beautifully made too. I love cards like this, they have that unique touch to them Michelle x

dj said...

What a creative use of that bunny image...making it into a heart was ingenious!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for playing along with our "love is in the air" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!! -Deb Horst, DT #SOS489

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful inked heart! Those bunnies are the sweetest! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Hearts Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely beautiful, I love how you put everything together, must remember that. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Critter Crazy Challenge this week. Good Luck and I’m looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

Debbie Mageed said...

Adorable card!! This little bunny couple is so cute! Must be newlyweds! LOL Thank you for playing with us at the MMM Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
Debbie DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

This is SUCH a cool card Chris! That heart shaped scene is amazing and those sweet Anita Jeram bunnies, really are beyond adorable! LOVE this hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Cazro said...

An adorable card, I love it!. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Make My Monday. Caz. DT.

pinky said...

Perfect card for a wedding anniversary Chris, so sweet, especially with the heart shape. We had two weddings back to back practically 5 years ago with both my sons getting married within 4 weeks of each other! Exhausting work lol.