Followers

Wednesday 5 April 2023

Die Cuts at Fab'n' Funky

 


Good morning, there's a new challenge starting over at Fab'n' Funky today, hosted by our lovely Sue who has picked the theme of Add Die Cuts- a popular theme this week it seems! 
This is the card I made for my eldest granddaughter- my beautiful girl is 16 today! Seems like only yesterday she was a tiny baby and now, here she is a real 'Sweet 16'. She truly is the loveliest girl- and I'm so proud of her. 
I used a pretty digi, a Patreon freebie  from Krista Smith, coloured with copic markers. I've blended ink around the edges and added some die cut flowers (Memory Box- I think) which I cut from a panel of card that I'd previously smooshed with inks and Brushos, and some die cut and punched butterflies plus a few sequins for a bit of sparkle.
On the inside I've used the same colour ink as on the front with various stamps and stencils- Photos were taken in different light- hence the different colours.
Please pop over to Fab'n' Funky to see what my lovely teamies have created for this theme- then I hope you'll find the time to join in and share a creation of your own.
Thanks for visiting
Chris
x

Challenge entries:
stencilfun April Challenge
mirtillamente #19 (birthday)
colorfuloptions - pastels
avenue613 April Challenge- stencils

19 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Wow Chris this is so Besutiful andmade with such love. Wishing her a fabulous sweet 16th.

meg said...

Your granddaughter is sure to love her sweet 16 card,beautiful images with gorgeous diecuts inside and out

Sue said...

Awww your Granddaughter will love this Chris your colouring is fab! They grow so quickly I can't believe my eldest Grandson is 28!!!! lol hugs Sue x

Janette said...

Happy birthday to your granddaughter, sweet sixteen, how lovely and this card is perfect Chris.xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A beautiful card love the insert Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

chrissy xx said...

Just GORgeous Chris. Both inside and out. LOve your colours too.
Oh My! 16!! time does go so fast. It really is a joy watching them grow.
Chrissyxx

crafty-stamper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card and image love all the die cut flowers and the pop-out tags inside-Happy birthday to your Grandaughter.Our eldest grandauter will be 16yrs too next month-they certainly grow up quickly
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Birthstone Challenge
Carol DT x

Pat K said...

Gorgeous card for your Granddaughter. Beautifully coloured image as always. x

Diane said...

So very beautiful and creative!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun and Colorful Options!
Diane SF Co-Owner and CO DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

Mrs A. said...

Oh my goodness. I am in awe of this beautiful card. Your colouring of the image is superb and love the blending of the background embellishments. Hugs Mrs A.

aussie aNNie said...

Love this, the colours are beautiful and the design of your card shows it off very nicely too x

Kate said...

Such a lovely soft palette and the design is gorgeous! And a very happy birthday to your grand-daughter! I'm so glad you could join us at 613 The Avenue Create! Thanks for playing on our street!
Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

Bernadet said...

You've made a fantastic card for your granddaughter Chris!
Already 16!! Times fly so badly hard hè.

Lisa said...

Gorgeous coloring on this wonderful image. I love the inside of the card too. It is great seeing card insides. I need to do more with mine.

Chrissy said...

What a fabulous fold Chris and a gorgeous image and colouring and love the die cut frame and yellow butterflies, Happy Birthday to your sweet 16 birthday girl..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Pat said...

Fabulous card with a beautiful image Chris, I do hope your grasnddaughter had a lovely 16th birthday and I am sure she loved this card.

Pat xx

Linby said...

A beautiful design for a special birthday, it looks lovely.

pinky said...

Oh wow that is one gorgeous card inside and out Chris. I love the colours you have chosen, so bright and summery and full of life. I am sure your Granddaughter will treasure it.