Followers

Friday 18 August 2023

I do like to be beside the sea...


 Good morning, a little mid- month reminder of our current challenge over at Stamping Sensations. There is a lovely summery mood board for inspiration 

or you can use the 'anything goes' option as long as the main focus of your project is stamping. 

I took my inspiration from the beach scene and the colours, using a variety of stamps, some of which were magazine freebies, I stamped the deckchair onto white cardstock, masked it and stamped again to create a matching pair, then stamped the beach umbrella, then cut the card into an L shape to fit the front my card base. Coloured the stamps and background beach scene with markers. The hat, book and sunglasses also coloured with makers and fussy cut. the sentiment is stamped and embossed with white EP. 

Please hop over to the Challenge blog for more inspiration and for details of the lovely prizes on offer this month.

Thanks for visiting, have a lovely weekend

Chris

x

Challenge entries:

cardz4galz. #205

creativeinspiration #5

craftygalscorner #246

paperminutes #808

creatalicious #265

creativeknockouts #501


21 comments:

Janette said...

What a lovely beach scene, not as I have seen much of the the seaside this year, but this is a perfect reminder.
I think I have those very stamps Chris, it was a freebie from Craftstash a good while ago. xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fantastic card let hope it brings he sun out.
Raining here at the seaside.
Have a lovely weekend
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

Your card reminds me of childhood holidays on a beach with beautiful silver sands,we spent the whole day there,a beautiful card Chris

brenda said...

Even if the weather outside is still dreary your lovely card helps think of sunnier and warmer days and more importantly a day beside the sea.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Great stepper card love the seaside theme and all the images-love the seagull
Carol x

Anonymous said...

Deine Karte gefällt mir sehr gut. Danke dass du sie bei Paperminutes zeigst.

LG Christina

Mrs.B said...

Great card Chris, love the little beach scene, and of course you have to have seagulls, great design too.
Avril xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Perfect summertime card. I love the beach scene and I think it would make a cool retirement card too. Michelle x

Billie A said...

Yup that is an awesome summer scene I would love to be at. I love the layout its perfect and so glad you shared over at Cardz 4 Galz

Sue said...

Great beach scene Chris...wish it was needed up here lol it's been raining again all day! smashing card love your colouring hugs x

Pat said...

Gorgeous beach scene Chris, love all the colours you have used and your great card design.

Pat xx

Chrissy said...

Fabulous seaside card Chris, I LOVE the stepper shape and your beach scene cut into an L shape to fit, so clever, love the seagull waiting patiently for scraps, fabulous, fun card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous! the colours and detail of your design is striking! ♥

Bernadet said...

Great card Chris, love the little beach scene, the shape and the colours.

Aunty Sue said...

Oh how fab oh to be sat on one of these.

Lisa said...

Really sweet beach scene, wonderful images and a fantastic step card too.

mixamatoasties said...

Gorgeous beach scene. Remind me again what summer is..... xx

Linby said...

I love how you've designed this with the seagull sitting at the side, great layout.

pinky said...

What a perfect holiday themed card. Looks so relaxing and inviting with your beautiful embellishments and sentiment.

N-Eva said...

Beautiful and pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges . Hugs Neva

Jana Forrest said...

I just love the summertime cards in late August/September. Yours is beautiful. Thanks for playing along over at Crafty Gals Corner Challenge. Best of luck, Jana DT