Followers

Saturday, 29 August 2026

Happy cows are smiling


 Good morning, it's been a busy week here, along with having our front doors and windows painted- inside and out- which took a lot longer than I thought it would, it was GCSE results day. My second granddaughter was hoping to get the grades she needed to secure her provisional place in the 6th form of her choice and I'm delighted to say she smashed it! One very happy girl as she opted to change schools and the one she wanted is always over-subscribed. Added to this she's managed to get herself a little part time job, so difficult for the youngsters these days compared to what it was like when I was her age, Saturday jobs were very easy to come by then. 

My card today is my DT make for this fortnight's challenge at Sweet Stampin', the theme- nice and easy- ADD A DIE CUT.

The cute image is a digi from Polkadoodles, I printed it out and masked it, adding the stencilled hearts through a die cut, which I think is Sissix. I coloured the image with Copics, adding loads of Wink of Stella to the hearts and also to the little hearts cut with the die. The sentiment is from a very old set (possibly Woodware?)

There's a story behind this choice of image, it was for my sister and BIL who celebrated their anniversary a couple of weeks ago. My BIL is usually the most patient and good tempered man but coming back from holiday a couple of years ago the traffic was awful, they were bumper to bumper for miles, he was stressed and tired and very grumpy. They passed (very slowly!!!) a field of cows and my sister said, trying to make him laugh, - 'Look at those cows, they're not cross, they are happy cows and they're smiling, smiling at you!' It was so silly he had to give in and laugh, since then it has been a family saying whenever someone is grumpy at something 'The happy cows are smiling' - so silly but it works. So some smiley cows for their anniversary.

There's more inspiration from my lovely teamies over at Sweet Stampin', hope to have you join in for this challenge.

Thanks for visiting, have a lovely weekend- a long one for us in the UK.

Chris

x

Challenges entered:

digichoosday #9

lilredwagon #873 (3 die cut hearts)

allsorts #857





12 comments:

Sarn said...

A fun story and a GREAT card for the couple as it’s personalised. Lovely image too and the loveheart background is perfect. xxx

meg said...

I had to smile at the story behind your card,it's perfect for them,congratulations to your granddaughter on her results

Lisa said...

Your sweet cow scene looks playful and full of joy, and the stenciled hearts and soft coloring add a fun and loving touch that fits your family story perfectly.

LesleyG said...

That’s a lovely story, what a perfect theme and beautiful card. I’m glad your granddaughter did well and got what she wanted, I don’t envy the younger generation, they have a lot more stress than we had xxx

brenda said...

That's a very cute card Chris. And pleased the results were good.

B x

Bernadet said...

What a nice story Chris!!
That also led to you making this funny cow card for them.
Fantastic news your granddaughter had good results!!

Chrissy said...

A fun image and happy story Chris, love the hearts, great masking, the colours are so nice too, gorgeous card and I'm smiling too..
Luv CHRISSYxx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Chris and still smiling..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..
Luv CHRISSYxx

Pauline C said...

Very cute card Chris and a fun story. Congratulations to your granddaughter too xx

pinky said...

That's such a sweet card and perfect for that couple. Loved the story Chris, made me smile lol.

Janette said...

Congrats to your granddaughter Chris, heres to a wonderful future.
I had to laugh at your story, I also like that is still carries a smile for all involved.
Your card is just perfect, fabulous image and sentiment. xxx

Linby said...

The perfect card for the story, look so cute too. Congrats all round to your granddaughter.