Followers

Wednesday 14 November 2018

Christmas at Sweet Stampin' -November Challenge


Hello, I'm back again already with my DT inspiration for this month's challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'. I thought I'd share something a little different this time...my Tomte family!. These are made from scraps of fur fabric and wool...and empty yoghurt pots. The largest stands about 10 inches high from base to tip of hat. They're fun and easy to make and great for using up left over knitting yarn!I don't have any patterns to share as i just cut the scraps of fur to the size of the pots and glued and stitched them in place. The noses are small circles of flesh coloured fabric wrapped around a bit of wadding (cotton wool would work as well) and sewn on. 
My teamies have been busy too, creating beautiful projects to inspire you, so please hop over to CASS and take a look, then please don't be shy, we'd love to see your Christmas makes too...not long to go now  before it's time to panic if you haven't made your cards!
Thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day!
Chris
x
Challenges entered:
getcreative #75
avenue613 #215
notjustcards November Challenge

16 comments:

Judith said...

Oh these are wonderful Chris - and if I had time I'd have a go!! Between cards, knitting jumpers and hats,sewing (I just bought a ragdoll pattern that I'm hoping to make before Christmas) - I'm just not looking too closely because my list is getting out of hand (and lately nothing's getting done anyway lol) - I bet they make a fabulous Christmas display xx

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, I absolutely love these!! They're so fun!! I love the colorful hats!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Michelle said...

Oh wow Chris - these are amazing - I love these cuties - Michelle x

Kathleen said...

How cute are these little beauties. Love the hats and the beards, hope they can gnome in on where they are going, ok it wasn't that funny.

Kath x

Wendy said...

Love these Chris, they are fantastic, super cute!
Wendy xx

aussie aNNie said...

The Tomtie family are just adorable, cleverly designed...been sick so not always able to comment..xx

Lisa Lynn said...

Chris, these are just so adorable.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Chris, I've been drooling over these since I first saw them on the DT blog! (Sorry about the mess! LOL) I utterly LOVE them! You know I have a bit of an obsession for Tomten and Tomtenisse, so I am swooning big time over these cuties! Wish I could just 'whip up' a lil' family as you have. I'm well jel' at your fabby skills! Gorgeous hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Chrissy said...

Oh, they are just a treat Chris..so adorable and cute,..love them.

luv CHRISSYxx

meg said...

Adorable fun family

NickScrapShack said...

Wonderful creations Chris. Love these! I wish I could do some knitting to make a little family like this. I´m a Tomte collector. Last year I counted 1079 of them living in my home,lol... but I would definitely be able to add a few more...

Liz said...

These are just fabulous, Chris. I bought a similar one in Iceland last week.
They were in lots of the shops, but I prefer yours with their cute little knitted hats. xx

Maryann scrapbooking said...

J'adore les gnomes.
Les vôtres sont magnifiques, je reste sans voix.
Bravo !
Bises.
MaryannG

I love gnomes.
Yours are beautiful, I am speechless.
Bravo!
Hugs.
MaryannG

StampColorandCreate said...

So cute! Thanks for entering the Get Creative Challenge this month. Good luck.

Helen said...

Great project - thanks for sharing it with us at Get Creative Challenges.

Helen x

Deanne Saunders said...

So adorable!! Thanks so much for participating in our NOT JUST CARDS challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper