Followers

Saturday 10 November 2018

It's all white at Sweet Stampin '!


Hello, and happy weekend. The theme for  this week's challenge at Sweet Stampin' is 'White on White'. I used a set of patchwork dies and various embossing folders to create my circular card. The poinsettia flowers were stamped onto vellum and heat embossed, then fussy cut and layered together with die cut snowflakes and tiny pearls for the centres. Die cut foliage with more small pearls and a white ribbon attached with a pearl brad. 
We've had an unwanted and unwelcome visitor in our garden recently...a large and very bold fox! He has been wandering back and forth this morning, bold as brass in broad daylight, practically thumbing his nose at poor Matilda who is going berserk on her side of the fence ( lawn is fenced off so Matilda can't pee on it...need somewhere safe for the granddaughters to play!) He's a beautiful fox, and I don't wish him any harm, but apart from the dog freaking out I worry about fox mange and fleas and I don't want him to use my lawn as a loo either! I'm not that keen on the muddy pawprints that Matilda spreads on my carpets from running in and out of the garden either!!! Usually she spends a lot of the day snoozing happily, but with Foxy around she's on guard at the patio doors..have to open them if she spots him as 10 and half stone of Great Dane hurling herself at glass doors is a bit disturbing!
Off now to spend the rest of the day cooking, we've a load of friends coming for supper this evening...hmm may have to clean some mud off the carpets too!
Thanks for stopping by...would be great if you chose to play along with us at Sweet Stampin' this week!
Enjoy your weekend
Chris
x
Challenges entered:
craftrocket #54
creatalicious #150
creativecraftcottage #113
sparklesforumchristmas #95
hollyandivy #40
incywincy (5/11-17/11)

16 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so stunning!! I love the texture and the beautiful flowers!! It's so gorgeous!! I hope you are able to figure out your fox problem. I had one wander through my property once, but it didn't stay. It was beautiful, though!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

NickScrapShack said...

Chris this looks marvelous! I simply love white on white so clean and beautiful, perfect for Christmas cards.
Hope you had a good start on your weekend. Hugs Nick

Kathleen said...

Love white on white, stunning creation, love everything about it. Must admit when I saw this challenge I thought well how are they going to get the stamping to show up as I thought it had to be all white, silly me.
Yes you are right 3 weeks I have had it now and I would not recommend it to my worst enemy, only machine I know where if it jams and it does frequently, you have to get a rubber hammer and either a wooden or plastic wedge and hit the base plate. It also refuses to work at all at times.
My Grand Calibur handle was about to go and it is the second handle I have had so decided to go for an electric one, bad decision £180, thought I had read all the comments on it but it wasn't till it wouldn't work I came across all the bad ones.
That's life.

Kath x

meg said...

Stunning white on white card, love the shape and the variety of mediums and textures, beautiful card.

aussie aNNie said...

Crisp n Clean love the gorgeous white on white design.xx

Mia said...

I love your white on white card, Chris. It is classy and elegant. Hugs, my dear lady.

Maria Giselle B. said...

Love the stamped poinsettias on vellum! Thank you for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs Christmas Challenge. Good luck! And, good luck on your fox visitor!-Maria Giselle B. (https://ienjoywhatido.blogspot.com)

Megan Flynn - Papercraft Artist said...

Wow, don't see many just white cards, it works well, and love the circle shape, very creative, great job. Megan at the Happy Craft challenge, anything goes - https://thehappycraftchallenge.blogspot.com/

Lisa Lynn said...

Beautiful card with the white on white. This is so elegant.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Chris, this is so stunning hun! I love white on white. I'm not that good at designing white on white, but I so love when it's done well and you have absolutely done it well! The poinsettia look stunning with their snowflake centres and the embossed textures are beautiful. Love everything about this hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Chrissy said...

So beautiful Chris..white on white is difficult, but this is perfect..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lynne said...

A gorgeous card, love the shape and all your added flowers and foliage. Thank you for joining in at Sparkles Christmas. Lynne DT

Jackie C said...

Pure class! Love this entry, thank you for sharing with Creatalicious. Good luck and we all hope to see you and your creations again! Jackie DT member.

Debbie said...

Such an elegant card. Love the embossing and finishing touches.very classy.thanks for joining in with us over at sparkles Christmas.good luck.hugs Debs dt. Xx

Melanie said...

A wonderful card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional embossing (wet or dry)” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…

cohenna said...

Beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage :)