Followers

Wednesday 19 February 2020

Birthday Train


Hi, this is a scheduled post...I've had a last minute invite for a day out in London tomorrow with my daughter and granddaughters, so I thought I'd better do this post now! This week's challenge theme  at Fab'n ' 'Funky is 'for a child, I made this card for my friend's grandson- a train and dinosaur- loving 3 year old! The train is a digi, well three digis to be exact! I think it's from LMM but not certain. I coloured up the engine and carriages with copics and cut them out. The dinosaurs are freebie colouring page images I found online, also coloured with copics and added to the train. The card background is created with distress inks and stencils I drew the 'track' with a black pen and added die cut clouds and sentiment. I had a lot of fun making this but it did take quite while!




There's more to see over at Fab'n' Funky so please do hop over and take a look.
I'm off to bed now, I've a feeling tomorrow is going to be a busy day!
Thanks for visiting
Chris
x

Challenge entries
dreamvalley #219
incywincy (17-29/2)
mmmchallenge #116
classicdesign #2
gem of a challenge #4

18 comments:

Janette said...

This is super fabulous Chris, any little tot will just adore this card, I love it all and the sky looks wonderful.x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card Chis....Just love the images...just right for a 3 year old...great colouring....Enjoy your day out ...Joolsx

aussie aNNie said...

Very cute card Chris, lovely design and combination...enjoy your day out.xx

Michelle said...

Wow Chris - what a gorgeous and amazing card. I bet the little lad loved this. Its just right for a 3 year old with its bright colours and images. Have a lovely time in London - Michelle x

Pat K said...

Fabulous card Chris. Wonderful bright colours and images that would delight any little one. Love your creativity. Enjoy your day in London. xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

I bet this is very well received! What a fun, bright, colorful piece! The dinosaurs are so cute!!

meg said...

What a fabulous design and layout each section is a great card in its own right love the dinosaur sitting on the cake

tilly said...

what a great card with all the different elements, I hope the trip was just as good lol xx

Chrissy said...

Oh, this is wonderful and colourful and I LOVE it Chris, it just makes me happy, and as my grandson told me the other day I must be in my second childhood no wonder it makes me happy..ha ha ha..FABulous fun card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

pinky said...

Oh my word this is just adorable Chris! So bright and cheerful and perfect for a 3 year old. Hope you have a great day in London!!

Kathleen said...

Hope you have had a lovely day in London and the weather has been kind.
So, since spotting this , this morning I have been singing a combination of 'This train is bound for glory, this train' and The runaway train goes down the track, and she blew. Neighbour was banging on the wall.
Again when I saw it this morning I was lost for words but I have picked up now.
Super, brilliant, fabulous, a really tip top creation, love it.

Kath x

Babs said...

Wow this is fabulous Chris a gorgeous creation, love the background you have created and the little engine with its colourful carriages , any 3 year hold will simply adore this, I do..
Babs x

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh, so cute! Perfect kid's card! Love every adorable detail. Thank you for playing with us at Make My Monday Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

Pat said...

Awesome card Chris, such great images and a fabulous background scene you have created. Hope you had a great day out with your daughter and granddaughters.

Pat xx

N-Eva said...

This is absolutely stunning! . Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges!
Neva DT

Basslady said...

what a sweet card!

thank you so much for playing along with us at make my Monday challenge!

hugs and kisses from germany,
Silvi xoxo

Marlene Atkinson said...

A gorgeous card. thank you for sharing with us at Dream Valley Challenge. Marlene

Mrs A. said...

Fabulous card for a 3 yr old. I love bright 🚂.. Hugs Mrs A.