Followers

Saturday 15 February 2020

Cheers Birthday Boy!


Good morning and happy weekend, this week's challenge theme at Sweet Stampin' is 'Birthday Boys',  I made this side stepper card for a friend we've known since we were all young, the most laid-back guy I've ever met! He does like a pint -or two and often sports a striped t shirt (someone told him that stripes were slimming...) I've had this fun digi for years, it's from Ladybird Crafts Inc.-sadly no longer trading :( Now this could actually be our friend, the resemblance is amazing!) I coloured him up with copics and added a few stripes to his t-shirt, and popped him onto the front of my embossed card. The embossing folder was a magazine freebie and I've added some die cut sentiments and stars to finish.
For more ideas of what to make for the boys please take a look at Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog where you will find some fabulous creations from Team Susan. We'd love to have you play along and share your ideas with us too.
Thanks for visiting and have a great weekend.
Chris
x


16 comments:

Babs said...

Love this Chris and you have coloured your image so lovely he looks a cheeky chap and looks perfect on your stepper card.
Babs x

Lisa Lynn said...

Chris this is a great card! I'm sure your friend will love it especially if he thinks it's him, lol. Perfect for a milestone year!

aussie aNNie said...

One in a million card for your laid back friend, it's awesome.xx

meg said...

what a fun image Chris, he looks like a happy go lucky guy, hope your friend loved it

Janette said...

Really great card again Chris, he does look like he's had one over the odds...haha..xx

chrissy xx said...

A FABulous card!
Great design Chris. LOve this image.
Chrissyxx

Jo said...

Fabulous make Chris & coloured so nice. I have 2 birthday boys coming up so thanks for the inspiration! x

Mia said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card, Chris!!! Fun and gorgeous. I love your coloring too. Kisses!!!

Pat said...

Great stepper card with a super fun image Chris, I’m sure your friend will love it. Have a good, and hopefully dry weekend!!

Pat xx

Mrs A. said...

Fabulous fun card for your friend. Bet he loved it. Hope your staying safe in Storm Dennis which is raging away at the moment. Hugs Mrs A.

Chrissy said...

What a great card Chris love the design and colours, your image and colouring is fabulous and love the die cut words..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Kathleen said...

Love the way you have cut out the image and used a stepper card, super EF and some super dies. I remember that image. Had a search for a Cardmaking Mag, that I still have as it is the only time I have had a card published in a magazine and that was in 2014 and it was Ladybug Crafts and Ink.

Kath x

Michelle said...

This is stunning Chris - love the shape of the card and the silver highlights you have used - Michelle x

Pat K said...

Fabulous masculine card Chris. I do love his striped t-shirt and great detail. xx

pinky said...

Class image and sounds perfect for your friend. I used to be on that design team so must check if I still have that image Chris. Love your card!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.