Followers

Saturday 1 February 2020

It's all about the BOOKS!


Our challenge at Sweet Stampin' this week is all about BOOKS- a subject dear to my heart! To celebrate World Read Aloud Day (5th February) we want to see your creations about books, you can interpret it how you like...inspired by a book, use book pages, feature a book etc, just please remember to include some stamping.
I started out intending to make card, got out some stamps inks etc and then ended up making a page in my art journal (latest obsession!). I stamped the book first, then applied some blue and pink distress inks through a stencil made by cutting a swirl shape from the centre of a piece of copy paper, then stamped and embossed some tiny glittery stars over the swirl.  I removed the stencil and masked the swirl using the cut-out shape and smudged some yellow DI around the book, then stamped the fairies, dragons, castle and black sentiment. I finished by stamping 'imagine' randomly and inking the edges of the page.
The message in the book is handwritten.

For me the magic is always in the book! 

For more inspiration and ideas please hop over to Sweet Stampin', we would love you to play along with this fabulous challenge
Thanks for visiting my blog today, enjoy your weekend
Chris
x

Challenge entries



14 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Love all the Lavinia stamps Chris in this gorgeous card. That's a great journal page.

meg said...

never a truer saying Chris, a gorgeous page

Babs said...

The sentiment is lovely and so are your stamps , a beautiful background and card.
Babs x

Kathleen said...

A really super background, great mix of colours and some super images. Guess this bok is full of Fairytales.
I read loads on holiday but on my Kindle, nice change from cr making.
Oh I can not remember if I thanked you for the gorgeous card you sent me, was really surprised, thank you so much.

Kath x

Steph Ackerman said...

This is beautiful. love how you incorporated the Lavinia fairies.

aussie aNNie said...

FABULOUS card Chris, you sure made a gread 'book' and the fairy tale story is admirable..love love love.xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh this is truly fabulous Chris! Love this to bits hun! So perfect for this weeks challenge! Speaking of challenges, did you spot you won over on Mo's Challenge! Congrats hun, your card is utterly GORGEOUS! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Pat said...

The is awesome Chris love all the cute fairies and the beautiful scene you have created, fabulous wording too. Love my books too can't live without them.

Pat xx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful page Chris and I love the background and all those sweet fairies and dragons, a real fantasy page, love it.

Luv CHRISSYxx

pinky said...

Stunning creation! Hard to beat those little fairies and wow to your handwriting Chris!!

Julie Odil said...

This is fantastic! I happen to believe every single book contains magic, and the ability to help us lose ourselves in another world, and your card captures that magic. Thanks for sharing your creativity at Lavinia World Challenges. Julie, DT member

Nonnie's Cards and Gifts said...

This is stunning and such a great message! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Lavinia World Challenges. Vicki- DT

Grandma Bonnie said...

I love how you used the book stamp with the fairies..it's perfect! Thank you for sharing with us at Lavinia World Challenges!
Lavinia World DT - Bonnie

Donna Ellis said...

There is nothing so magical as a good book, is there, Chris? I especially lilke the "children" reading about the more mature elements of their world, with castles and fairies and dragons and all things magic! It's a fabulous journal! I enjoyed seeing your pretty card at Lavinia World Challenges >. Hope you join us frequently in the future. Wishing you a happy crafting day.
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}