Followers

Monday 21 September 2020

Steampunk ATCs


 Good morning- and here's something completely different from me! I've never made ATCs before but wanted to play  along with the new challenge blog,  Steampunk Challenge.  I have to say I really enjoyed creating these tiny projects and I could get completely hooked, such a great way of trying out different techniques and using some of the tiny stamps that get a bit lost on a card. I do love Steampunk style too- the mixture of fantasy , time travel  and technology really appeals to my imagination. My base cards (carefully measured) were cut from a previously made experiment using brushos and texture paste. I added a bit of stencilling and stamping. 
This one is my favourite- I stamped and embossed the boot, added a little colour with a bronze metallic pen and fussy cut. I stamped and fussy cut a pair of wings which you can't actually see because I stuck the feathers on top, then added them to the base. The row of  metallic hearts are actually silver, look quite dark in the photo. 


For the second one I used another stamp from the same set,  stamped and embossed but left uncoloured this time. Tore the edges and sponged with distress ink. Added some cogs and a button and a tiny metal plaque that says 'why not?'The silver elements are the chain, safety pin and key charm.


These were such fun to make and I really enjoyed doing something that was, for me, a little bit different.

Thanks for stopping by

Chris

x

Entering these challenges:

.steampunkchallenge #1

sandee-and-amelie steampunk ch.  September Ch.

sweetstampers #48

welove2create. #9





19 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

wow Chris, absolutely awesome ATc and love your designs.... those colours are fabulous. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Back again Chris. Awesome design here and fantastic "punky" take on our current challenge at Steampunk Challenge this time, very impressive make. Look forward to see you enter each challenge if you can.
aNNie DT Member
https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

Janette said...

Fabulous job Chris, I played about with the ATC coins and they are a nice change but I will stick to other stuff, haha, yours is brilliant.xx

meg said...

You created two awesome ATCs love your backgrounds and stamping

chrissy xx said...

Very different Chris.
A FABulous job! LOve your colours and design..
Those feathers are so pretty and of course Shoes! Now who couldn't resist those.
Chrissyxx

Mia said...

Gorgeous ATCs, Chris! I love them!

Doreen said...

Your ATCs are gorgeous,love the colours.xxx

Shona Erlenborn said...

These are fabulous, Chris. Good for you to step out of your comfort zone!

Kathleen said...

Can't get my hear around Steampunk but you certainly have, a really brilliant creation and you have done the challenge proud.

Kath x

Chrissy said...

FAB-U-LOUS Chris..gorgeous colours and I love all the details on this tiny space,great job..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Goodness, your ATC's are fabulous! I am loving that image- and you have created colors and embellishments together! You are quite talented my friend!

Bernadet said...

Ooooh Chris, I love your steampunk card!!
Love the colours and all the great details on it

Pat said...

Fabulous steampunk ATC’s Chris, love all the beautiful colours on the backgrounds and the great images and embellishments. Think the reading outside is over for this year unfortunately, I can’t believe it’s October already next week, despite the restrictions this year has flown by.

Pat xx

Pat K said...

Wow this is fabulous Chris. Great creation, so out of your normal comfort zone but you have excelled. Love that fabulous boot and great colours. xx

pinky said...

I have made atcs but never one with steampunk! These are amazing. I need to give this a go now Chris. Gorgeous colours and design on both.

Kuni said...

Your card is wonderful.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Empire of the Cat said...

Love your ATCs Chris, and the colours are great. I often struggle with small projects, feeling that I don't have enough room, but I have been making an effort to use smaller tags, smaller journals, and yes, even ATCs, so well done with these. Thanks for joining us at Steampunk Challenge Blog - Elle xx

Bianca van Tilburg. said...

Fabulous!!!!

Big Hug Bianca
Sweet Stampers Challenge Blog.

Claudia N. said...

Great ATCs! Love all the layers! Thank you for sharing them with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

Claudia x