Followers

Thursday 3 March 2022

A little paper-piecing


 Hi, just a quick post from me with a card I made because I wanted to join in with the Allsorts Challenge this week, the theme is handcoloured or paper/pieced image. I intended to make something more ambitious but was running out of time so I opted for CAS and a hand coloured image with a paper pieced dress. I've added some shading to her dress with pencils, the rest of the colouring is Copic markers. There's some subtle (a bit too subtle) stencilling behind the image. I've had this sweet Mo Manning image for years, and have lost count of how many times I've used it! I love to see little girls in pretty dresses - being a Mum and a Grandmother of 4 girls I know that they're often impractible - leggings and tees are better for playing in (and much easier to launder) but it's lovely to see them dressed up sometimes! Thanks for visiting

Chris
x

Challenge entries :
Allsorts #665

15 comments:

meg said...

I agree that it's lovely to see girls in a dress,especially the younger ones,love the papers you used in your background and paper piecing,a beautiful card

Jenny L said...

Hi Chris,
oh I love this wonderful image she is so sweet and very cute.
You can't beat a Mo inage for cuteness.
You have coloured it perfectly too and I love your paper piecing of that dress to go with your backing paper.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

chrissy xx said...

Super cute! I LOve the colours you've chosen Chris.
FABulous dress and FABulous hair as always.
Chrissyxx

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Chris. The image is so cute and I love the paper piecing. xx

aussie aNNie said...

wow love the paper piecing on this beautiful image Chris. Wow this is gorgeous, love the colours and brilliant design. ♥

brenda said...

A really sweet girly creation Chris and yes you are right, tees and leggings or joddies at our end are far more the order of the day now, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Janette said...

Oh its a gorgeous card Chris, she is a little sweetie, I have this one but only ever used once I think, maybe time to dust her off, your paper piecing is perfect BTW.xx

Pauline C said...

Very pretty card and beautiful colouring and paper piecing. Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Allsorts challenge
Pauline x

Lee said...

Oh,I just adore this one.Her dress looks so pretty and the background compliments it.Love it.xx

Crafty KJ said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love this image and your colouring is fab. The paper piecing looks great and a brilliant idea to add shading-I always forget to use this technique! Love the CAS style too! Thanks so much for sharing at PFM this week. Hugs, Karen x

Linda Mc Enery said...

Oh wow! I love what you've done with her dress. Your shading brings it to life. I adore Mo's images and this sweet girl is one of my favourites. A gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Passion for Markers!
Linda

Marina Atsali said...

Love your card .Thanks for joining us over on the Digi Choosday challenge.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh that is SO gorgeous Chris! I totally adore this image of Mo's and your colouring and paper piecing is perfect! Gorgeous card hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

pinky said...

The paper piecing really adds to this beautiful image. Lovely card!

cass said...

Sweet card.d, Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for our "For the Girls" Challenge.