Followers

Friday 25 March 2022

Little Easter Bunnies

Good morning, hasn't it been a glorious week here in the UK? Hours of warm sunshine every day! I've made the most of it and spring cleaned my summer house (with a little 'help' from Marvin.)- all ready for use now! During the winter it gets used to store garden furniture etc and the odd delicate plant as we don't have a greenhouse and the garden shed is full to bursting with tools, lawnmower etc. So everything turned out of summerhouse into the garden- floor swept and scrubbed, windows cleaned,  rug vacuumed. All the throws and cushion covers washed and ironed, smells lovely and clean in there now. My two youngest granddaughters will be delighted, they love to play in there during the summer months  and miss it during the winter when there's no room to move! I love to read in there when it's too chilly to sit in the garden, lovely and peaceful- even with Marvin's company. 
Today's card is for our new challenge at Crafty Catz, sponsored this week by The Paper Shelter,  Ginny has picked the theme of Easter for the DT to use- optional, as always, for anyone who wishes to play along. 
The DT were given a cute image to use, Little Easter Bunnies, this digi set comes with both a coloured and an uncoloured  version  as welll as background papers. I used the uncoloured one, printed it twice and  coloured one  with Copic markers. I coloured  two of the  bunnies  on the second one and fussy cut them.I made a tent fold card with an egg shaped aperture, placing the complete image inside, then the two fussy cut bunnies on the outside of the card. I die cut some 'grass' and added tiny punched flowers, and a couple of punched butterflies coloured to match those on the image- two little pompoms for tails and I was finished!

Thanks for visiting today- be sure to check out the rest of the DT makes over at Crafty Catz , hope you'll be inspired to play along.

Have a great weekend

Chris

x
Challenge entries:
cutitup #248
CRAFT #631
cutiepie #169 Bunnies, brush, butterflies, bow


 

28 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

wonderful card love the blue
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

A beautiful layout and stamped images Chris,love the Spring colours

Janette said...

Beautiful card Chris, the image is so sweet isn't it.
Your summer house sounds wonderful, this sunshine is making us all more active, my mood has gone through the roof haha, in a good way.xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a precious card, Chris! Love the added dimension and those fluffy tails!

Pat said...

Beautiful card Chris, love all those cute bunnies and your great design. Sounds like you have been busy this week getting ready for the summer. It's been nice to sit outside and have a read this week and to see everything in the garden shooting up. Enjoy your weekend.

Pat xx

tilly said...

a beautiful card with the spring colours, your summer house sounds lovely and fresh and ready for good use now, I have been sitting out this week as well xx

chrissy xx said...

What a FABulous scene Chris. LOve your colours and design. The bunnies tails are delightful. Sounds like you've had a busy week! With good results.
Chrissyxx

Liz said...

Such an adorable design Chris, fabulous card. xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Chris,
firstly thank you for my wonderful Birthday card I loved it not sure how you new it was my Birthday sorry I went away just after so this is my first chance to thank you.
As always your card is just perfect for Easter and your design and colouring are excellent.
Such a very sweet scene.
Yor garden sounds lovely I am cureently looking for a gardiner as I can no longer do gardening as I am scared of falling over out there as my neighbours are never there and if I fell and couldn't get back up I would bethere for ages.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Chris these bunnies are so sweet..sounds like you have been really busy I'm sure the Grandkids will love being in there during the summer months hugs Sue x

Beebeebabs said...

Very cute card thanks for sharing!!!

Louise F NZ said...

Those bunnies are super cute. Glad you are getting some lovely spring weather x

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous project and beautiful design, love the easter egg poking through.♥

Bernadet said...

Chirs, this is really awesome.
Love the little rabbits and the egg.
Lovely colours!

Lee said...

Ooooh a Summer House,how lovely.Your card is Gorgeous,love thos cotton Tails,so cute.xx

Becca Sadler said...

This is a terrific layered card!!! The egg/oval shaped opening is clever to enhance the digital image plus adding depth and interest! Fabulous! Thanks for including MTTC in your link-ups! --Becca/DT

CA Scrapper said...

Your card is beautiful!! Love the spring colors. Thanks for joining our Spring challenge at Cut It Up.

Leslie

SarahR said...

Hi Chris, awwww this one is super cute! I think it's brilliant all the different shapes you're making your cards - makes me wish I was a little more adventurous with my cards. Fab colouring as well, as always!

Your summer house sounds lovely, well worth the hassle to get it ready for Summer! I have to admit to not being outside much myself, our garden is so exposed that it needs a heatwave to make it warm enough for me to want to sit in!!!

Sarah

Julie said...

Super Easter card - love the design! Thanks for playing along with my 'Anything Spring' Challenge at Passion for Markers this week, good luck! Juliexx

Chrissy said...

Your Summer house sounds perfect Chris, wish I had a yard big enough to have a spot to go to..I love your sweet Easter bunnies painting their egg in the grass amongst the daisies and the butterflies fluttering overhead, so gorgeous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lori Podolsky said...

Your card is so adorable and cheerful, Chris. Thanks for sharing with us on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck with your entry, and hope to see you again. Hugs, Lori - DT

The Crafty Den said...

What a sweet card Chris. The images are super cute and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us over at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

Aunty Sue said...

Hi Chris with my Dt hat on this is stunninng and thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers

Brenda said...

Chris, this is such a sweet little card. I love the little pompom tails! Thanks so much for joining us over at CRAFT Challenge this week!

Cards By MI said...

Love the 3D look of your card. Thanks for joining us over at PFM last week. As I am running late with my commenting we now have a new fun challenge up for you to play along with.
Love n hugs
Marie

coldwaters2 said...

Fantastic Easter card Chris loving those cute bunnies also your card shape/design this will bring some joy to someone.
hugs
lorraine x

pinky said...

This is just adorable. Love how you have layered it out and love those cute bunnies. I am patiently waiting on our summer shed being emptied of the rest of my daughters bits and pieces then it will get a good spring clean ready for use this summer.

Annette said...

Oh My Word! I love those bunnies!
Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Polkadoodles Digi Choosday,
Lili of the Valley,
Dies to Die For,
As You Like It Challenge.