Followers

Saturday 6 May 2023

Anything but square at Crafty Calendar


 Good morning, our May challenge at Crafty Calendar begins today- the theme for this month is ANYTHING BUT SQUARE.  There is no sponsor this month as sadly they closed down but Sue has come up trumps with a very generous prize for our lucky winner


4 polymer stamps and a paper pad- all from Polkadoodles- I would enter myself if I could! 

I made an easel card- a Christmas one! The stamp is Stamping Bella, coloured with markers, I sponged DI on the background and flicked with white ink for snow. Papers from stash, red ricrac trim, stamped and embossed sentiment and some die cut snowflakes. 

I hope you find the time to take a look at the challenge blog- you'll find some wonderful inspiration from the rest of the girls, then why not join in- it could be you who wins the fabulous prize this month.

Thanks for visiting

Chris

x

Challenge entries:

Creative Creases #56

mostmagicaltimeoftheyear #8

kraftychicks #662

christmasbingo  #1  B (dots/stamped image/free

merrylittlechristmas #50

hollyandivy #139



17 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful feminine Christmas image teamed with gorgeous papers

brenda said...

Shame yet another craft store has closed Chris, so many going that way. You have really captured the cold winter feel on your card and like the offset easel design.

B x

Lisa said...

Terrific image and great coloring too. Love the fun fold.

chrissy xx said...

Yes! You know how much I need to see Christmas cards lol.
LOve your image Chris. FABulous colours and design.
Another one for your stash!
Chrissyxx

Janette said...

Gorgeous card Chris and what a fab prize, so nice to do that I think.xx

Chrissy said...

She looks fabulous Chris, love the colours and card design and brilliant chilly colouring, love it, have a great weekend..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Mrs A. said...

Gorgeous colours and your colouring of the image.I love their images but I think those stick legs so hard to colour in. It is very much a case of hold my breath and hope the pen doesn't wobble.!! Such a shame to hear another company has closed its doors.Hugs Mrs A.

Linby said...

Just love the navy and red you used on this stylish card. Your colouring is the perfect match for the papers and what a fantastic snowy background.

Sue said...

Your'e colouring is gorgeous! love the stamp love the design it's glorious hugs Sue x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful easel card and image,great colouring and love the p,papers.
Carol x

Liz said...

Great Christmas card, Chris. I love the colour combination. xx

Debbie Mageed said...

What a wonderful fun fold card for Christmas! So smart to get them done early, right? The image is such a cute one. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

Kampin' Karen said...

Chris, Bella is such a fun gal to stamp. I've done a couple of Christmas cards with her. I'm so glad you decided to let her visit the Creative Creases Challenge. I also love the paper you chose. Do you have instructions for this fold?
Karen, DT

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Most wonderful card! Great colouring and I feel like there’s a storm in the background. Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this past week for our Stamp Act theme :) Hope you join us again soon.
Diane - DT

Barb Finnical said...

Chris, this is such a great card. I love all the thought and detail that you put into it. The snowy scene is so true to life! It’s easy to imagine how cold-yet stylish-she is! The easel card is so cool too. You’ve really done a great job. Thanks for entering it at Christmas BINGO Challenges!

Bernadet said...

OMG this is so cute Chris!
Love the easel and the digi, so sweet.

pinky said...

Gorgeous shaped card and brilliant image. I am sure I still have her somewhere. That is an amazing prize up for grabs too Chris.