Followers

Monday 22 May 2023

Imagine...


 Good afternoon,  I recently gave in to temptation and bought some Brejanzart stamp sets (an ebay bargain). I love these fantastical imaginative images. When they arrived I sat and looked at them for ages realising I had no idea how I was going to use them. There are several stamps in each set, I've used just one of them here, together with a Lavinia swirl stamp and a sentiment stamp that I've no idea of the brand. 
The background is a few shades of blue and purple distress inks, blended and stencilled. I stamped the main image and embossed with white embossing powder. I stamped the image again onto a white card using black Memento ink so I could colour with Copics. I coloured the parts of the image that I wanted and cut the rest away, adhered the coloured part in place over the white embossed image, I'm quite pleased with the effect. Plenty more stamps to play with so I need to put my thinking cap on.

Thanks for visiting

Chris

x

Challenge entries:

allsorts #729

TFATU May Challenge

lilpatchofcraftyfriends #206

welove2create #4

CRAFT #678

creativeinspiration #2

colorfuloptions May Challenge

mixitup #65


19 comments:

Dena J said...

A whimsical and very creative card! Lovely details. Thank you for joining the celebration challenge at Allsorts.

meg said...

A brilliant fun image Chris,love your background and stamping

brenda said...

It's lovely to see you at our 14th Birthday celebrations, many thanks for joining us.

B x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

This is amazing love the choice of colour beautiful card
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Sue said...

Cracking card Chris love the background and that image is fantastic hugs Sue x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and image-love all the stamos really different
Carol x

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely gorgeous card,love the colour and gorgeous design .x
Update, Bella ended up having 12 pups, one died, the first born then a still born one 2 days after giving birth but she is absolutly amazing mum.. she was happy to see us but engaged in the caring of her babies xx

tilly said...

it's a very unusual but stunning card, I hope you find lots of good ways to use your new purchase lol lots of lovely colours xx

Janette said...

Not seen anything like this one Chris, its very magical I think and I love the colours. Look forward to seeing what you come up with next.xx

Ellibelle said...

A beautifully designed card with your new stamps and the Lavinia swirl stamp finishes off the card so nicely! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

chrissy xx said...

FABulous colours and design Chris.
Think everything we look at is a temptation lol.
Never heard of these? Will take a peek.
Chrissyxx

Sheryl said...

A beautiful card - the colours are awesome!
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx

Mrs A. said...

Wow, love the outcome. Hugs mrs A.

Liz said...

Great card Chris, what a lovely design. xx

Pat said...

Gorgeous card Chris, I love the background and the beautiful image, never heard of these images before, great colouring and stencilling.

Pat xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Chris,
this is so lovely and the stamps used are fabulous.
Love the shades of blue and purple inks used it makes for a brilliant background with the stencilling too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Chrissy said...

Fabulous Chris, love the colours and depth and lovely stamped frame and those mushroom houses are so cute..

luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness what a fantastic image. I love this card.

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

Chris: thank you so much for sharing at TFATU in May 2023!!! Your card is unique and I love seeing something new to me amongst the fantasy images! Cool!! Enjoy your new buys! --Becca/owner