Followers

Wednesday 17 May 2023

Special Birthdays at Fab'n' Funky


 Good morning, this week is galloping past, it's already Wednesday - have no idea what happened to Monday and Tuesday. I'm spending a fair amount of time out in the garden, we're trying to catch up with all the things we didn't get done earlier in the spring when it did nothing but rain, at least the weather is lovely now! 

My card today is for this fortnight's challenge at 

Fab'n' Funky,

 it's hosted by our lovely Pat who has chosen the theme of

  SPECIAL BIRTHDAYS (special person, special age etc).

There are a few family 70th's looming on the horizon so I made a card for one of them. The 70 is computer generated and printed onto the DP then fussy cut. The stamp is one of my faves, it's from Art Impressions- I have a few of these 'oldies' and use them loads. The lovely lady is coloured up with Copics, paper-pieced dress and fussy cut. I've raised her up with foam pads to add a little dimension. The sentiment came with the stamp- I drew a speech bubble round it.

You'll find some wonderful inspiration from my lovely team over at Fab'n' Funky, then why not join in- after all we all have special people in our lives...and they all have birthdays!

Thanks for visiting, enjoy your day.

Chris

x

Challenge entries:

CRAFT #677

PFM #690

useyourstuff #484 (technique is paper-piecing)

classicdesign #5

craftsgalore #111

HLS May Birthday


24 comments:

Linby said...

Love how you combined that fab stamp with the age. It looks great.

meg said...

Your fun card made me smile,a brilliant image and sentiment

Aunty Sue said...

Awesome card and yes weeks flying by always does cant wait for warmer days and the flash by.

brenda said...

A fun card Chris.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous fun image and sentiment, love the paper piecing and large numbers
Carol x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fantastic fun card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

chrissy xx said...

Yikes! So much fun Chris.
FABulous design and I LOve your design.
Chrissyxx
I'm trying to catch up in the garden too. I've even bought a tin of paint for the garden gate!

Bernadet said...

What a tough card for an 70 years old girl Chris!

Sheryl said...

What a fun card for a 70 year old.
Thank you so much for entering our birthday blog hop at CRAFT Challenge with this fantastic project.
Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx

Sue said...

Well this made me chuckle lol and that's what I needed right now..fab card Chris really love it hugs Sue x

Pat K said...

Fabulous card for a very special birthday indeed. LOVE this image and her paper pieced dress..perfect. Good to hear the rain has stopped. Happy gardening. xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Absolutely brilliant card and I love the lovely oldie with her fire extinguisher! Such a fun card for a special birthday and I'm sure that they will love it too. It reminds me of my dad's 70th birthday party and him blowing the candles out before we had finished singing to him. His reply was sing faster, all those candles are melting my cake!! Michelle x

Brenda said...

Thanks so much for celebrating and sharing your wonderful creation with us over at CRAFT Challenge this week! I really appreciate your visit to my blog. Your fun card made me chuckle.

Janette said...

Oh I love this Chris and that image is perfect, made me smile anyway, love the big seventy, too.
I think we are all in agreement that the time is just flying, but the summer days are a big hit here, how I love to be outside, this weekend my daughter and Mia are taking me out to a lovely garden center to stock up and get my baskets sorted, oh I love it Chris.xxx

Crafty KJ said...

Hee hee, this is just brilliant! Just love this image and your colouring is awesome. Love how you've added the speech bubble around the fun sentiment and those papers are just perfect! Thanks so much for joining in with my challenge this week at Passio for Markers. Hugs, Karen x

Curly said...

This card is definitely Fabulous and Funky, I love the lady get her groove on. Such a perfect card for the young at heart!
Have a lovely rest of the week
Hugs Bridget xx

Chrissy said...

What a fun and fabulous card Chris,I love the giant 70 and that image is hilarious, awesome card..

luv CHRISSYxx

Tammy L said...

This turned out so well. It brought a giggle out of me. Thanks for joining our technique challenge at Use Your Stuff this week! Come play with us again in our next challenge!
Tammy DT Co-ordinator

Pat said...

Great 70th birthday card Chris, super computer generated 70 and a fun image.

Pat xx

Lisa said...

AI has some of the best images. This one is perfect for a great birthday celebration.

pinky said...

That is just class Chris and the sentiment is perfect!! I love that image and all the oldies images. Great job. Enjoy the garden. It's a real pleasure when it's nice outside.

The Crafty Den said...

What a fantastic 70th birthday card Chris. The image is so much fun and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

Haven_mom4 said...

The paper piecing is the perfect addition to your humorous card. Thanks for sharing with us at use Your Stuff

Sari / Granne said...

He, he, he! So funny, love the awesome old lady and big bold numbers with lots and lots of candles. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge #111.